Options

Vasquez Rocks State Park

aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
edited January 31, 2005 in Wildlife
Went hiking in the Vasquez Rocks State Park, CA. The rock formations have been used as backdrops for the filming of many movies/shows, including Star Trek, Austin Powers, and so on... It has been photographed to death, but it's still a neat place to experiment...

15092296-L.jpg

15092297-L.jpg

15092298-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited January 31, 2005
    I've seen that place before
    Ah, yes. Great landscape possibilities there! I think that the Gorn, and both Bill and Ted "died" being shoved off those rocks, didn't they? :grim
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    Went hiking in the Vasquez Rocks State Park, CA. The rock formations have been used as backdrops for the filming of many movies/shows, including Star Trek, Austin Powers, and so on... It has been photographed to death, but it's still a neat place to experiment...

What fun, enjoyed the shots--is that in the Santa Monica mtns? You went for rocks, I went for poppies today. What a weekend, eh? Classic SoCal winter day! thumb.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    lynnesite wrote:
    What fun, enjoyed the shots--is that in the Santa Monica mtns? You went for rocks, I went for poppies today. What a weekend, eh? Classic SoCal winter day! thumb.gif

Lynne, that's the rocks you pass on the 118 as you head from Topanga and go west. The rock formation runs from there all the way down to the ocean, not that it looks the same all the way down, but it's a major geologic feature.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Very nice!

I wish I had the money and the time to go and see some of these beatuiful places!

Thank you for sharing!!!
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Lynne, that's the rocks you pass on the 118 as you head from Topanga and go west. The rock formation runs from there all the way down to the ocean, not that it looks the same all the way down, but it's a major geologic feature.

You beat me to it. :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited January 31, 2005
    These are beauties!

It's definetly an interesting place well worth a visit.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?