Options

Its the people

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited May 15, 2007 in People
Yesterday my daughters Kindergarten class went to the Alaska State Zoo, and I came along, and of course brought my camera. You know what, I did take a FEW pictures of animals, but literally 99 percent of my 2 gigs taken were of the cute little kids totally enchanted by all the moose and polar bears, musk ox, and wolves. The wolves were our favorite because you could talk to them- and they would talk back. It was really cute to hear the little kids howl at them and hear the wolves respond! Here are a few shots from our fun time.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 15, 2007
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2007
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2007
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2007
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    I love the Alaska Zoo! It's so rustic and rural and in a beautiful setting. My sis-in-law often takes her kids there just to shoot their pics.

I really like your second pic...fun interaction and expressions. It could use a bit more contrast IMO. [EDIT - Oh, you've posted more! I also really like # 5...great colors with all the boots and coats and umbrellas!] Nice set to remember your fun day!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    I also like #2 and #5. The #2 is fun and #5 is one that will be cherished.

Is this the zoo on Turnagain Arm? If so, I was there last summer and loved the experience. Had a great time!
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2007
    I also like #2 and #5. The #2 is fun and #5 is one that will be cherished.

Is this the zoo on Turnagain Arm? If so, I was there last summer and loved the experience. Had a great time!

Yes, thats the one! It is a really fun zoo! It is just the right size for little kids- not too big for their little legs to walk the whole way and they still has all the necessary animals!
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    I love the Alaska Zoo! It's so rustic and rural and in a beautiful setting. My sis-in-law often takes her kids there just to shoot their pics.

I really like your second pic...fun interaction and expressions. It could use a bit more contrast IMO. [EDIT - Oh, you've posted more! I also really like # 5...great colors with all the boots and coats and umbrellas!] Nice set to remember your fun day!

Elaine

The light there IS really nice- with all the big spruce trees to block the direct sunlight, but still enough to get some good exposures! I love taking pictures there. Love that Zoo!
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    Number 2 = thumb.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2007
    The light there IS really nice- with all the big spruce trees to block the direct sunlight, but still enough to get some good exposures! I love taking pictures there. Love that Zoo!

But you can see we are just now getting our leaves. about 10 days ago there was still ice on the lakes, and then overnight, it seems, we got the leaves. They are still tiny, but a welcome sight!