Options

Exif Data in SmugMug Theme?

chriscchrisc Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
I want to be able to display Exif data in the smugmug theme by default, below the image. That is, I do not want to have to mouse over the image then click the info button (bad usability IMHO).

I've been hacking around with it and I am able to load the exif below the image, in my footer, in a seperate div (basically opening the /photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=XXXXXX page in a div), but:

1) It's ugly, and
2) I haven't been able to get it to change when I click a different thumbnail. (need to find the right event to key my function off of so it reloads the div with the latest Exif.

Is there an easier way to do this? What I'd like to do is have the exif popup not be a popup and just be part of the page.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 14, 2007
    Ok, I'm looking at the YUI stuff right now, but I am not sure where to start. I'm thinking that it may be easier to do it in YUI.

Are there brief instructions on how to get started with YUI and smugmug?
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2007
    Ahh I was in the wrong place with this thread... thanks for moving it.

So... what's a brother got to do to get some comments in the smugmug javascript files?

I'm stepping through it with a debugger. Not fun headscratch.gif
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 16, 2007
    Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay with a response on this....themes aren't really my strong suit.

Have you looked at the critique style ?, it has exif right there next to the image.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay with a response on this....themes aren't really my strong suit.

Have you looked at the critique style ?, it has exif right there next to the image.

Cheers,

David

Yeah I saw that after I posted (I'm new here, can't you tell :) ). I'm still playing around with different stuff. The API has my attention at the moment though and I'm having fun with it!
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 16, 2007
    Great thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos