Options

Charging for prints

W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited May 17, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi All,

Not sure how many of you will be able to help as it seems most pros on here use Smugmug for their printing service. As I am in Australia I am not sure if getting the prints done in the US is the best option.

Anyway my question is... How do you work out what your print prices should be? Do you just look at the LAB's price list and then add a percentage (what percentage?)

For instance the LAB I am looking at has the following prices (just a snippet):
6x4 - $0.82
5x7 - $1.19
8x10 - $2.73

So what do I charge if those are the prices I am paying?

Appreciate all comments.

Cheers,
Andrew

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    Hi Woody
    The importat bit of info that you ftout was what they were print of? You are really going to learn your local market to answer that. For xample I do sports shots, and Team and Individuals here sell for $10 a player. But family portraits sell for more.

ann

W00DY wrote:
    Hi All,

Not sure how many of you will be able to help as it seems most pros on here use Smugmug for their printing service. As I am in Australia I am not sure if getting the prints done in the US is the best option.

Anyway my question is... How do you work out what your print prices should be? Do you just look at the LAB's price list and then add a percentage (what percentage?)

For instance the LAB I am looking at has the following prices (just a snippet):
    6x4 - $0.82
    5x7 - $1.19
    8x10 - $2.73

So what do I charge if those are the prices I am paying?

Appreciate all comments.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  • Options
    W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi Woody
    The importat bit of info that you ftout was what they were print of? You are really going to learn your local market to answer that. For xample I do sports shots, and Team and Individuals here sell for $10 a player. But family portraits sell for more.

ann

Oh yeah...

They will mainly be portraits of kids, families etc... The problem with our local market is the prices range so dramatically it is not funny. I guess I was wondering if there was an industry % standard on prints, but I guess not.