Options

XBOX 360 Elite

jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
edited May 18, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Was watching Roseanne, and loved how the light from the LCD lit up only one side of the 360.

153685565-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    jsedlak wrote:
    Was watching Roseanne, and loved how the light from the LCD lit up only one side of the 360.

Ahhhhhh ha! bit of a gamer are you :D
    Good B&W shot, not that I can tell that the LCD is the cause of the light.

You had a go of a Wii System? if so how would you compare it with the XBOX ??

Thanks for posting... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Ahhhhhh ha! bit of a gamer are you :D
    Good B&W shot, not that I can tell that the LCD is the cause of the light.

You had a go of a Wii System? if so how would you compare it with the XBOX ??

Thanks for posting... Skippy

Well, I am definately an Xbox fanboy but after playing the Wii, I did loveand enjoy the radical way of controlling a game. The only problems I saw was how they would handle first person shooters and racing games which are really great with the 360 controller. On a pureky technical side, the 360 blows the Wii out of the water in every way. That simple fact is that when hooked up to my LCD (or anything for that fact), the 360 can do 1080P and the Wii can only do 480P.

If I had the money though, I would get all three.

thumb.gif Thanks for commenting!
    -John
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    I actually have the Wii, since for the time being I don't have a TV that could take adavantage of the 360's graphica prowess. You mentioned first-person shooters as being one of the strengths on the 360. I would have to say that done correctly (as I hope that Metroid Prime 3 will be) I think the controls for the Wii will be about as good as it can get. Being able to move around using an analog pad, and shooting by aiming at the screen is incredibly fun. Takes quite a bit of getting used to, especially if you are more used to traditional controls. I'm a PC Gamer though, and the transition wasn't too bad.

I have a friend who was the Elite, and I've had a lot of fun playing both systems. So I would say it is more a matter of what you are looking for in a system, than one system being overall better than the other. (If I could pick I would take the Wii controls and size, with the 360's online multiplayer and graphics!!)

If you han't noticed yet, I'm a prety big gamer. So be warned about starting gaming threads like this! I'll probably pop up! :ivar

Oh yeah.......
    Nice picture!! :D
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    I actually have the Wii, since for the time being I don't have a TV that could take adavantage of the 360's graphica prowess. You mentioned first-person shooters as being one of the strengths on the 360. I would have to say that done correctly (as I hope that Metroid Prime 3 will be) I think the controls for the Wii will be about as good as it can get. Being able to move around using an analog pad, and shooting by aiming at the screen is incredibly fun. Takes quite a bit of getting used to, especially if you are more used to traditional controls. I'm a PC Gamer though, and the transition wasn't too bad.

Yeah, the nice thing about the Wii controller is it leaves a lot of room for innovation and revolution. A developer may stumble across a control scheme that makes FPS games really fun and immersive. The only problem is that no developer may find a scheme that works, or one may not exist.
    Rhuarc wrote:
    I have a friend who was the Elite, and I've had a lot of fun playing both systems. So I would say it is more a matter of what you are looking for in a system, than one system being overall better than the other. (If I could pick I would take the Wii controls and size, with the 360's online multiplayer and graphics!!)

If you han't noticed yet, I'm a prety big gamer. So be warned about starting gaming threads like this! I'll probably pop up! :ivar

I would also like the option to have Wii controls on the 360... the ultimate would be to allow the user to choose. Maybe next generation... heh I mainly bought the 360 for my profession: game development. Seeing my game (1080P Screenshot) run on the 360 is really something that amazes me.
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Oh yeah.......
    Nice picture!! :D

Thanks!
  • Options
    fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    It's great to see another photographer/gamer! My husband & I have a 360 that we love! We actually bought a projector (instead of a TV) because our old TV was on it's last legs and the projector is HD. We are actually looking at getting a Wii as well! I hadn't thought of using it as photography subjects, though! I'm definitely going to have to try some! Actually, I'm going to have a good chance tonight. We have Video Game Night for our youth group tonight (yes, we play Halo 2 in the sanctuary!) and so we'll have a lot of consoles set up! Hopefully I can get some shots and upload them in the next few days! Thanks for sharing!

BTW- I really like the picture. It shows how stylish and sleek the 360 is. The way the LCD lit it was great.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Nice
    I love games but on PC :D Commondos 1,2,3,4, call of duty1,2. IGI 1,2 my favs i don't know anyother game eek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Nice
    I love games but on PC :D Commondos 1,2,3,4, call of duty1,2. IGI 1,2 my favs i don't know anyother game eek7.gif

I'm the same way. I am first and foremost a PC gamer. Love games like Command & Conquer, Warcraft 3, Neverwinter Nights, Civilization 4, Myst adventure style. Hmm, that gives me an idea for maybe creating a SmugMug Gamers Guild. I'll have to create a new thread about that one. Didn't mean to hijack this thread!!