Options

Carnival shots - I've always wanted to try this

David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
edited May 19, 2007 in Landscapes
153989876-L.jpg
153978883-L.jpg

I don't want to ever ride in one of those ever again, but they're fun to photograph.

1) 20D, IS0 100, 30 sec., f/20, 10mm, NR on. The street was too bright. I darkened it a bit by duping the shot, masking out the top; street was blended with Overlay.

2) ISO 100, 30 sec., f/20, 22mm, NR on. (composted from 2 images. The far left and far right spinning torture devices wouldn't ever run simultaneously, so I took two shots and combined them. Street was again Overlay blended to minimize the brightness and also to combine the red tail lights from the 2 shots.
My Smugmug
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    David,
    David_S85 wrote:
    I don't want to ever ride in one of those ever again, but they're fun to photograph.

1) 20D, IS0 100, 30 sec., f/20, 10mm, NR on. The street was too bright. I darkened it a bit by duping the shot, masking out the top; street was blended with Overlay.

2) ISO 100, 30 sec., f/20, 22mm, NR on. (composted from 2 images. The far left and far right spinning torture devices wouldn't ever run simultaneously, so I took two shots and combined them. Street was again Overlay blended to minimize the brightness and also to combine the red tail lights from the 2 shots.
    Pretty cool, man! thumb.gif
    I never had a chance to shoot this myself. ne_nau.gif
    Good shooting! clap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited May 19, 2007
    Thanks, Nik. I almost missed this opportunity. We were out on an evening bike ride, so when we got back I had to run to get there in time, but I missed that favorable cerulean blue sky before it turned jet black. There was a massive set of portable lights on a high pole just to the right and out of frame of the first shot. Many hundreds of lens flare spots all over that I had to clone out in post. At first I freaked thinking I had an outbreak of dust bunnies, but they were all hexagonal, and that back car window was reflecting directly into my lens (and I was also at 10mm, so my bad). Lens hoods don't help with direct reflections.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:

Wow they're really cool David clap.gifclap.gif
    I like both of them, check out the spin in the Second Shot you can see it clearly moves off it's axis .... well done David :D ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    Really neat, David.

Virginia

Email