Options

Finally - Free time, good light combine

thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
edited May 19, 2007 in Landscapes
Does anyone else experience this, the weather's looking promising, the clouds are moving into place, a beautiful golden light starts to spread across the landscape and... you can't go out with your camera due to other commitments.

The flip side, you have some free time, you pack your gear, you excitedly travel to that location you have in mind and... thick grey, featureless clouds cover the sky the minute you arrive :dunno

Finally, after what seems like months, my free time did coincide with some good light and I manage to get these shots :ivar

153036630-M.jpg

153061161-M.jpg

153066932-M.jpg

I have a few more to PP but these are looking the most promising.

Thanks for looking,

Charlie

Comments

• Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    Awsome landscapes! the light was perfect... I like the fence and dandilions the best! good job!

Winston
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    Beautiful pictures..I was just looking at these over in the Landscape Community and they really caught my eye.
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    Hi Charlie!

Yes, I totally know the feeling! Especially wih two small children, it's very hard for me to be able to just run out and shoot when the conditions are right.

But...I love these! The second one is my favorite I think. Well, no, maybe the third. Oh heck, they're all beautiful shots! Wish they were mine...:D

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    edited May 16, 2007
    Thanks Tom, Winston and Emily, I'm pleased you liked these, I was thrilled with them when I was PP'ing them.

Emily, it's certainly not easy finding time to shoot with a full time job and children is it, given that I've had a DSLR for about a year now, it's depressing how little I've actually managed to get out and use it. Still at least my technique seems to be improving, as long as that remains the case I'm happy.

Charlie
  • Options
    fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    They're all good but number three is definitely my favorite. Love the hills and the beams of sunlight coming through the clouds. Really has a good mood/feel to it. Great work! Thanks for sharing...
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    Gorgeous light! You're so right, it sometimes seems impossible to shoot during the "good light". I often think the lighting is the best when I'm driving to work and already runing 15 minutes behind!!!! :D
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    The third one reminds me of the light in a Albert Bierstadt paintingthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/glenda/bierstadt/bierstadt1.html
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2007
    Thanks guys, I think number 3 is my favourite, although it was nice to get the focus correct on the first image, I'd kept messing it up when trying to capture similar images in the past.

I'd not heard before of the artist you mentioned Marc, thanks for the link.

Charlie
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,455 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2007
    Great captures, but I think I like the first one. I love the lighting on that shot, but they all are great!
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2007
    Sorry Mike, I missed your post, I do like that first one but I'm itchy to lower the exposure of the sky to bring out some more detail, I can't decide if it will look better or possibly artificial, I'm going to have a try anyways.

Charlie