Options

Lucky TAXI Driver

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited May 19, 2007 in People
Lucky-TAXI-Driver_MG_5911.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=a3e6b98c501fd4478c6f7a1d074e0045
This is seemingly a normal scene. A girl with long dark hair is paying the taxi driver. But look carefully and suddenly this is not about the fare at all. He is not waiting for money he is holding his mobile and he is getting her phone number. And if one can read from his eyes I think he likes the girl very much.

Click on the photo or the link to see a bigger image and EXIF

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Nice capture and good timing. I agree, the driver looks very interested in the young lady.
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Nice shot,

but i don't know if the explanation you gave is what actually happens there :D

Here in Boston for example, taxi drivers are almost always on their cell-phone.

He is just waiting to get her money and put his conversation on hold for a little while... and, yes, i think he is checking her out in the mean time mwink.gif

But.... maybe i'm feeling a little cynical today. hehehehehe
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    Way too cynical - they've exchanged their phone numbers.
    Nice shot,

but i don't know if the explanation you gave is what actually happens there :D

Here in Boston for example, taxi drivers are almost always on their cell-phone.

He is just waiting to get her money and put his conversation on hold for a little while... and, yes, i think he is checking her out in the mean time mwink.gif

But.... maybe i'm feeling a little cynical today. hehehehehe
  • Options
    Photo GuyPhoto Guy Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    Way too cynical - they've exchanged their phone numbers.

And you are 100% sure of this? Did you talk to the individual's in this photo or clearly overhear their conversation?

I thought photography was not only about the artist's interpretation, but the viewer's interpretation as well. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    It's sweet.
    That's the kinda thing I really like about life!

Great picture, Ted, and thanks once again for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 19, 2007
    never tire of looking at your pics, ted-
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2007
    You are still free to look beyond obvious. For example, someone suggested the whole conversation between the driver and the girl was designed to keep her in front of the camera mounted on the roof of the TAXI.

And for the record they both got my business card after I've shown them the photo and yes I had a brief conversation with them.
    Photo Guy wrote:
    And you are 100% sure of this? Did you talk to the individual's in this photo or clearly overhear their conversation?

I thought photography was not only about the artist's interpretation, but the viewer's interpretation as well. ne_nau.gif