Options

Some Favorites from 12 May wedding (8 images)

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited May 20, 2007 in Weddings
I was contracted to shoot a wedding last Saturday (12 May). Here are some that I got. Not much done to them in the way of PP, just levels, WB, and a touch of curves - all in LightRoom. Of course, the photos will be getting a good going over (PP) before delivered to the B&G as finals.

C&C is welcome and encouraged. Thanks for looking.

These are some of my favorites:

1. Groom and mother of the Groom, getting him ready.
153397040-M.jpg

2. FOB, after kissing the bride said something we have a small smile from the bride.
153402538-M.jpg

3. I'm not sure this works. I'm thinking this would have to be cropped quite a bit and I'm not sure there would be enough left to actually get a decent print. The groom reciting his vows.
153406021-M.jpg

153408692-M.jpg

153412727-M.jpg

6. The B&G making the big enterance into the reception. I'm not sure, do you think he's a little stoked?
153414102-M.jpg

This is probably the best shot of the day. When I finish this shot, I need to get rid of the branch behind her neck.
153416926-M.jpg

153435405-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    These are really nice Scott. I agree with your own critiques. The shot with the groom looking "stoked" put a smile on my face. You captured a spontaneous moment that shows the pure joy he was feeling. The bride and groom will love these.
    C and C always welcome.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Your colors and exposure are so accurate, i don't know how you do it, but the results are amazing.
    7 and 8 make my heart go pitter patter!!!! iloveyou.gif your kissing pose technique is completely believeable, natural, and (most importantly) emotional.

Well done!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    Mrs F wrote:
    These are really nice Scott. I agree with your own critiques. The shot with the groom looking "stoked" put a smile on my face. You captured a spontaneous moment that shows the pure joy he was feeling. The bride and groom will love these.

Thank you, I sure hope they do. I got really lucky on this. He was a little demonstrative, but not very. This was a moment when he kinda cut loose.
    urbanaries wrote:
    Your colors and exposure are so accurate, i don't know how you do it, but the results are amazing.
    7 and 8 make my heart go pitter patter!!!! iloveyou.gif your kissing pose technique is completely believeable, natural, and (most importantly) emotional.

Well done!
    Thanks, Lynne,

The posing directions are really quite simple and something that I've "stolen" from someone else (I don't remember who):
    • Tell them we are going to do a "kissing shot" but we want to be able to see their faces, so no mashing together
    • Keep your faces as lined up as possible (on the same plane, as it were)
    • Romantic is all about anticipation. Just before your lips touch is where it's at. So, hold it right there and think about it, anticipate the touching and the feeling...
    • Oh, and no smiling until after I tell you you can!
    Once you get a couple in the can, let them relax and enjoy each other (I have a few of those as wellmwink.gif).
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Great job Scott, and I like your assessment of your shots. Your "kissing technique" works really well, um, er...for the bride and groom that is! mwink.gif Would love to see a tighter crop when you get a chance on the exhuberant groom. thumb.gif
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Thank you, I sure hope they do. I got really lucky on this. He was a little demonstrative, but not very. This was a moment when he kinda cut loose.

Thanks, Lynne,

The posing directions are really quite simple and something that I've "stolen" from someone else (I don't remember who):
    • Tell them we are going to do a "kissing shot" but we want to be able to see their faces, so no mashing together
    • Keep your faces as lined up as possible (on the same plane, as it were)
    • Romantic is all about anticipation. Just before your lips touch is where it's at. So, hold it right there and think about it, anticipate the touching and the feeling...
    • Oh, and no smiling until after I tell you you can!
    Once you get a couple in the can, let them relax and enjoy each other (I have a few of those as wellmwink.gif).

That made me think about the shot my photographer took of me and my hubbie after our ceremony (and the rules sound VERY similar!)

79896772-M.jpg
  • Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Very nice Scott. I would love to get a cool groom like your one here.

It's not every wedding where the groom is more interesting than the bride.

But what's with the guy in the hat by the door? He a guest or what?
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2007
    Shima wrote:
    That made me think about the shot my photographer took of me and my hubbie after our ceremony (and the rules sound VERY similar!)

79896772-M.jpg
    I love the hands in this one - very nice. I guess I've just added another "rule" to my posing instructions. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2007
    david_h wrote:
    Very nice Scott. I would love to get a cool groom like your one here.

It's not every wedding where the groom is more interesting than the bride.

But what's with the guy in the hat by the door? He a guest or what?
    It was an interesting crowd and they guy in the hat was a guest. He didn't wear the hat the whole time, just during the reception.

This was one of the groomsmen

153428595-M.jpg

and a little close...

153428615-M.jpg

Of course, he changed into these shoes about 2 hours into the reception.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 20, 2007
    neat shots, scott-

I too like 7 the best-