Options

Grand Canyon

neelmccneelmcc Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited May 21, 2007 in Landscapes
First posting, of a few Grand Canyon pictures take two weeks ago. Was a bright and beautiful day. The blue haze was not from the Four Corners Power Plant, just a natural occurence. No post processing done yet to remove the haze or improve the contrast.

DSC09161.jpg

DSC09186.jpg

DSC09190.jpg

DSC09165.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2007
    Nice, neelmcc.

That midday sun is hard to deal with. If you enjoy post processing, check out our Resident Artist Marc Muench's "Quick and Beautiful" technique for improving landscape shots. I found it to be very helpful.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2007
    Nice shots of a such a magnificent place. I would love to see your PP pictures. Which rim were you on?
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    Nice, neelmcc.

That midday sun is hard to deal with. If you enjoy post processing, check out our Resident Artist Marc Muench's "Quick and Beautiful" technique for improving landscape shots. I found it to be very helpful.

Sid, thanks for your tip. I am working on them now as time allows. As always it appears as though there several ways to accomplish what satisfys you, this tip looks very good.

Neel
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Nice shots of a such a magnificent place. I would love to see your PP pictures. Which rim were you on?

Marina, These were taken on the South Rim at about 2 pm, not the best time of day but as Sid pointed out you can make some excellent corrections with Adobe. As has been written, the Canyon is being loved to death, so your options are somewhat restrited, especially May to October. North Rim would have been a better option but requires substantially more time than I had available.

Neel