Options

40 years ago today...

NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
edited May 21, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
152259065-M.jpg

“the armies of egypt, jordan, syria and lebanon are poised on the borders of israel…to face the challenge, while standing behind us are the armies of iraq, algeria, kuwait, sudan and the whole arab nation. this act will astound the world. today they will know that the arabs are arranged for battle, the critical hour has arrived. we have reached the stage of serious action and not declarations.” -jordanian king hussein after signing a defense pact with egypt in 1967.

40 years ago today:http://niralon.wordpress.com/2007/05/14/40-years-ago-today/

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts

Comments

• Options
    DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    A very powerful image!

I haven't been to Israel since 1997. I use to hit Haifa once a year when I was stationed with the US 6Th Fleet flagship.
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    Nir wrote:

“the armies of egypt, jordan, syria and lebanon are poised on the borders of israel…to face the challenge, while standing behind us are the armies of iraq, algeria, kuwait, sudan and the whole arab nation. this act will astound the world. today they will know that the arabs are arranged for battle, the critical hour has arrived. we have reached the stage of serious action and not declarations.” -jordanian king hussein after signing a defense pact with egypt in 1967.

40 years ago today:http://niralon.wordpress.com/2007/05/14/40-years-ago-today/

Yes those are very powerful words..... it takes only one person to plant the seed that makes a difference :D

Thank you for sharing Nir......... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    thanks guys!

Dalantech, if you're ever here again let me know! my son is stationed haifa now in naval officers' course.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    SerratorSerrator Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    That was a miraculous victory for Israel...mazel tov!
    My Photo Playground:
    www.flickr.com/photos/serrator
  • Options
    MilanMilan Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    Amazing victory for brave people from a great country, who can appreciate freedom. iloveyou.gif

I have never been to Israel but I hope I can visit it one day and experience it.

You have some great pictures on your website and the reading is very interesting too.

Thank you.