Options

Global warming

ArnicaArnica Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited May 21, 2007 in Landscapes
Global warming brings extreme weather events & causing more huricanes in many areas of the world.
In 2004 strong storm and huricane hit southern part of Tatra Mountains* turning beautiful land into a land of ecological disaster. I have always believe that hurricanes only affect coastal regions.
Now, It will surely take long years to rebuilt forests.

* The Hight Tatras are the smallest alpine region in the world. It's shared by Poland and Slovakia.

Welcome comments and another destroy land images.
IMG_1163_750.jpg
IMG_1164_750.jpg
IMG_1170_750.jpg
IMG_1183.jpg
IMG_1188_750.jpg
IMG_1211_750.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    Very powerful.

The backstory, that a storm destroyed the trees, makes your shots very telling.

Folks, a word of warning: no politics, please. Your friendly moderators will kill posts that take this thread away from the photography.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    I remember that storm actually, It was in the news quite a bit if I remember correctly. Very good, and powerful shots. I especially like the 4th one, with the single tree standing up, as all the others are gone.

Do you live in that area? Where houses/villages destroyed as well? or was it mainly the Mountain/forest area?
    Arnica wrote:
    In 2004 strong storm and huricane hit southern part of Tatra Mountains* turning beautiful land into a land of ecological disaster. I have always believe that hurricanes only affect coastal regions.
    Hurricanes grow over warm water. This storm had hurricane-like speeds, but was technically not a hurricane.
  • Options
    ArnicaArnica Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    Very powerful.

Folks, a word of warning: no politics, please. Your friendly moderators will kill posts that take this thread away from the photography.
    - don't worry, I'm not a global activist. Ocationally, I took few photos during my business trip to Viena.

ivar, 130 000 acres of forest have been leveled and few houses. Still sad.

Thanx.
  • Options
    bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    eek7.gif Thanks wxwax. bsvirginian
    wxwax wrote:
    Very powerful.

The backstory, that a storm destroyed the trees, makes your shots very telling.