Options

Construction

Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
edited May 21, 2007 in People
We are having extensive work done on the outside property of our home. The masons are an amazing group of workers (talent and work ethic!)

I've tried several times now to compose an interesting shot and this is the best I've captured thus far, (they move quickly & I compose slowly :rolleyes ). C&C and shooting tips greatly appreciated!

Take care,
- Deanna

20D, 16-35mm @ 27mm, f/14, 1/160s, ISO 200

Comments

• Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    I like the composition, but the subject get a bit lost in the background. One thing I find works in situations like yours is that I scan the environment looking for potential backgrounds. Then I watch the pattern of my subject's movement to look for opportunities for shots with my chosen backgrounds. Often that means I can set the camera up in advance for the shot which makes it easier to catch the peak moment.
  • Options
    Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    One thing I find works in situations like yours is that I scan the environment looking for potential backgrounds. Then I watch the pattern of my subject's movement to look for opportunities for shots with my chosen backgrounds.

Thanks for the tip! I did a dry run with the camera this evening... We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Best,
    - Deanna