Options

'different' university buildings.

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited May 22, 2007 in Landscapes
Utrecht, where I live, has one of the biggest (the biggest?) universities in the Netherlands. There is a big terrain, with lots of buildings called the 'science park'.

Among them, this one:
154097052-L.jpg
I really liked the building, but there was no place to shoot to get more building and less trees and other things :cry

This building has the nickname 'ponskaart' ('punch card'):
154097183-L.jpg

Comments, critique, improvements (especially on the second image), are much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    Intresting buildings i liked foxy photo
    Foxy is known as Dadoo car here which means Frog eek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2007
    Interesting buildings....I can see why it's named after a punch-card! I find architecture difficult. For me, it's easier and more interesting to move in close and shoot the different elements of the building at different angles. You can avoid some of the trees that way! :D
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2007
    Thanks Awais, and Susan!

I'm not as happy with the shot any more as I thought I was. I think it was just my excitement of the combination of having some time off and some decent weather yesterday lol3.gif

I tried a square crop.... better?

154353206-L.jpg
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Yes, losing some of that sky was helpful! It brought the image closer. Hey, a day off with sunshine will make everything look better!!! rolleyes1.gif