Options

Storyboard

Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited May 22, 2007 in People
This is my first attempt at a storyboard. I did a photo shoot yesterday with a 6 month old girl. Her mom was trying to get her to laugh so I kept snapping. I shot with a wide open aperture in a fairly dark room by a window. C & C greatly appreciated!

154928383-M.jpg
C and C always welcome.

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    I think it's adorable! Love the framing and DOF on the middle shot, and the other two also have great expressions and spontaneity. I'm sure the mom will LOVE this! Well done! clap.gif

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    I love the capture of emotion and interplay between the mother and her child. Well done!clap.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Great job Kari!! clap.gif I love the poses (or rather, lack of poses!) the shallow DOF and the black and white work really well in the natural window light. The simplicity puts the focus on the relationship of the mother and child. She should love this. (Did you try the 2 end poses swapped? The way the mothers head is positioned makes me wonder what they would look like.)
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    (Did you try the 2 end poses swapped? The way the mothers head is positioned makes me wonder what they would look like.)

Thank you Elaine, Shatch and Saurora for the kind words.

Saurora, I'm glad you mentioned the two end pieces because I had not thought of switching them and I do think it might look better. I'm going to rework this one.

Kari
    C and C always welcome.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif with all the above - for whatever my vote might be worth. Like my old man used to say, "You done did real good!"
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2007
    Mrs F wrote:
    Saurora, I'm glad you mentioned the two end pieces because I had not thought of switching them and I do think it might look better. I'm going to rework this one.

Thanks Scott for taking a look.

Here's the storyboard again with the ends switched. I think it looks better. :D

155194252-M.jpg
    C and C always welcome.
  • Options
    BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Mrs F wrote:
    This is my first attempt at a storyboard. I did a photo shoot yesterday with a 6 month old girl. Her mom was trying to get her to laugh so I kept snapping. I shot with a wide open aperture in a fairly dark room by a window. C & C greatly appreciated!

154928383-M.jpg
    Spectacular, Keri!!! You have a great eye! love the story board idea, and i agree with Saurora; the flow might be nice with the end photos switched. focus is soft and perfect for the subject matter! you've captured some very precious moments here!! Just lovely! bowdown.gif

Brige
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    I do like the switch better, Kari! Great job! thumb.gif