Options

Sports Photographers

PictureThis!PictureThis! Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited May 23, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I've been doing action shots for a couple of years now and was going to bid for our local youth photographer spot this coming year (for portraits). I have been approached by a couple of teams that would like for me to do their portraits on the side this season.

What do you recommend for packages? I found a website once that looks like what most of them use (with the plaques, trading cards, etc.) but I can't find any now. I'd like to offer more than just prints.

Michelle Martin
Control your destiny, or someone else will.

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    Start here for some links to print providers (trading cards etc). Have a look at millerslab.com (something like that, mpix parent company), or google sports trading cards.

Let me know if you need more info. I have applied to be recognized by the local lab here as a pro, so that I can access their package rates and trading cards etc. Otherwise, I will have to find a work around.

ann
    I've been doing action shots for a couple of years now and was going to bid for our local youth photographer spot this coming year (for portraits). I have been approached by a couple of teams that would like for me to do their portraits on the side this season.

What do you recommend for packages? I found a website once that looks like what most of them use (with the plaques, trading cards, etc.) but I can't find any now. I'd like to offer more than just prints.
  • Options
    tutumontutumon Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    What do you charge for T&I?
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Start here for some links to print providers (trading cards etc). Have a look at millerslab.com (something like that, mpix parent company), or google sports trading cards.

Let me know if you need more info. I have applied to be recognized by the local lab here as a pro, so that I can access their package rates and trading cards etc. Otherwise, I will have to find a work around.

ann

Any inputs of package pricing for T&I pictures? The lowest package I'm offering is a 3.5x5 and a 5x7 for $18 on a sports mate. Is this too high? Any opinions would be appreciated.
    -Chris.
    Chris
    Central Illinois
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    What does your local market say?
    What is your time and hard costs?

I am at $10 for the base package with a requirement for full team participation, and believe that the local market is between $10 and $12.
    tutumon wrote:
    Any inputs of package pricing for T&I pictures? The lowest package I'm offering is a 3.5x5 and a 5x7 for $18 on a sports mate. Is this too high? Any opinions would be appreciated.
    -Chris.