Options

New to posting...

LynieLynie Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited May 24, 2007 in People
I haven't done anything with these yet in PS... any ideas on how to make them better? Emily07Seniorpicoriginals025.jpg
Lynie
~Life is like photography. You use the negatives to develop.~
-Anonymous-
:thumb

Comments

• Options
    edited May 23, 2007
    No. 2
    Emily07Seniorpicoriginals046.jpg
    Lynie
    -Anonymous-

• Options
    edited May 23, 2007
    Sorry for the multiple, I haven't figured out how to get more than one per entry...
    Emily07Seniorpicoriginals138.jpg
    Lynie
    -Anonymous-

• Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    MG]DIGRIM_PIC.jpg[/IM

Well first of all I added Gaussian Blur to the outer edges of the picture and highlighted the faces of the happy couple. Secondly, I added color to the trees by using NIK filters...just a little dab of brown and yellow here and there to add to the foliage. It looks a bit messy...I was playing with the color and adding it really fast. I wasn't using the right paint brush. Lastly, I got rid of the joggers that were on the upper right of the picture - how dare them invade your picture.

For what it's worth...you are not going to get great pictures with a p&s...just probably good or average - that just my humble opinion. I truly don't believe a small p&s camera is 7,8 or 10MP; I don't care if it printed right on the camera - no way no how. Again MHO.

I started to color the sky blue, but choose the wrong blue and it looked too fake. I then added a baby blue tone...but, then the phone rang, and I totally forgot to submit the color. I'll blame that on my age - totally forgot.

Hope you like it. It took less than 5 minutes to do. One pointer...try not to cut off hands and feet. Her left hand should've been on her leg. AGAIN JMHO. Good Luck...hope to see more of your work.

Here is the old picture

IMAGE_TEST.jpg
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    Sorry my apologies...I read PS but my brain translated it to P&S. Sorry. What ISO did you use?
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    Hi Lynie, welcome to the forum! If you don't have a Smugmug account you won't be able to post more than one image in a post, you will have to post them just as you have done. :D

My first recommendation on these shots would be to go to this tutorial to add "pop" to your image. Dgrin has a lot of very neat tutorials and this is probably the most helpful. With this tute you can improve your contrast, set your white balance, clear up color casts.... I'm sure you will be amazed at the difference! If you are still unsatisfied with your results, you can advance into skin tones in this tutorial. I would start with the first tute, and then perhaps add your corrected image to this same post for comparison and possible futher ideas.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    You have a good composition on all the pictures and beautiful people. I agree with saurora on reading some tuts, they'll give you so much more info on PP your shots. Keep on shooting and posting! wave.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2007
    Thanks so much...
    Thanks guys! I appreciate all the advice.. I can't wait to post more..!
    Lynie
    -Anonymous-