Options

Jus' some mo snaps....6 that is.....

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited May 24, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Some a few snaps around town.........

Keeper of the Plains with fire rings lit....these were lit just to make sure they worked after all therain we have had...it the engineers over 2 hours to get them working and they letthem burn for several hours.

152166466-M.jpg

another view of the Keeper

152167218-L.jpg

One of the newly constructed pedestrian bridges looking away from the Keeper....

152167554-L.jpg

One of the Fire Rings

152168217-M.jpg

Floating Bison Skull...............

152169251-L.jpg

Ever wondered what a Troll looks like.........

152166755-L.jpg

C&C always welcome.................

Thanx fo' lookin'

Happy Mothers day to all you mothers out there!!!!!
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    The floating skull is utterly striking... I did not know about a keeper of the plains, nicely done. Love how they did the rings of fire, your individual shot of one of the fires is great...
    Keep them coming!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    Some a few snaps around town.........
    Keeper of the Plains with fire rings lit....these were lit just to make sure they worked after all therain we have had...it the engineers over 2 hours to get them working and they letthem burn for several hours.
    another view of the Keeper
    One of the newly constructed pedestrian bridges looking away from the Keeper....
    One of the Fire Rings
    Floating Bison Skull...............
    Ever wondered what a Troll looks like.........
    C&C always welcome.................
    Thanx fo' lookin'
    Happy Mothers day to all you mothers out there!!!!!

I love the Floating Bison Skull too, need to clean up the bottom left hand corner its got a few spots on it.

Awesome thumb.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2007
    photocat wrote:
    The floating skull is utterly striking... I did not know about a keeper of the plains, nicely done. Love how they did the rings of fire, your individual shot of one of the fires is great...
    Keep them coming!

Thanks Cat.....the Keeper of the Plains was done by Native American (That's Inju for all the none PC types out there:D) Artist Black Bear Bosin and it was to be erected on the Confluence of the Arkansas and Little Arkansas Rivers...with his feet firmly rooted in Mother Earth and Prayer to Father Sky...as I heard it to Protect Wichita from Tornados.....now since it was first placed there no Twister has hit the core of Wichita all have been on the outskirts......He was removed almost 3yrs ago for restoration and when He was brought back the Elders of the Indian Center behind the Keeper, asked he be raised 30 feet up so he could be seen farther away...but he still had to be firmly rooted to Mother Earth.

There used to be footlights shining on him at night...I guess the fires are to take the place of the footlights....they had them burning SAturday making sure the gas lines and piezo igniters were still woking since the rivers are at flood stages.....

Thanks for viewing Cat..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 14, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I love the Floating Bison Skull too, need to clean up the bottom left hand corner its got a few spots on it.

Awesome thumb.gif .... Skippy

Thanks SKIPPY.....uhhhh spots lower left corner.....hmmmm time to order a copperhill kit I see.....

Thanks for pointing that out.....

There are 2 of those mounted on poles on either side of the All American Indian Center grounds, When leaving the Keeper Plaza....

Thanks for looking....

• Options
    loiloi Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    fire rings...very cool shot of the four elements...thumb.gif
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." Li Po
    http://loi.smugmug.com/gallery/3539566#199917032