Options

Two of a co-worker (large)

StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
edited May 25, 2007 in People
C&C requested. I brought my camera to work today, so here are a couple of impromptu photos in a small office, floruscent lighting overhead and windows behind the subject. Fill flash added from my 10D's little pop-up, dialed back to -2.

512554855_ce02cbbd41_b.jpg

512554867_0f8a2e1e97_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    I tried to shoot my co-workers once. (that doesn't sound right)
    I can tell all about flurecent lighting, it's the worst!rolleyes1.gif
    I'm noticing some blue tint and a shadow on the 2nd shot.
    Good try! :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    The major issue with shooting in flourescent lighting and then adding flash for fill is that you are shooting with two different colors of light and it's almost impossible to get the color balance correct. The one way I know to overcome this issue is to put a slightly green gel over your flash to bring that light closer to the color of the main lighting.

All that having been said, the second is a much better portrait than the first. The first is a little to square on whereas the second is so much more relaxed I feel we are seeing him in that one.
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    Thanks. I worked a bit with curves to bring the colours closer to (my memory of) reality, but I agree it's not quite right. I'm guessing that my corrections took care of most of the floruescent problems but then the flash's color comes through where it filled in.