Options

san franciscoians...

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited February 2, 2005 in The Big Picture
I'm having trouble finding city centre map...im looking to book accom & was wondering if the golden gate theatre is close to town. Got a link to a map of city area ?

(.... i will approach the theatre to see if they need a drag queen on the thurs night.) :dunno ..a tall drag queen with potty mouth...just something different.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    I'm having trouble finding city centre map...im looking to book accom & was wondering if the golden gate theatre is close to town. Got a link to a map of city area ?

(.... i will approach the theatre to see if they need a drag queen on the thurs night.) ne_nau.gif ..a tall drag queen with potty mouth...just something different.

here's an interesting map site of s.f.
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    Humungus wrote:

(.... i will approach the theatre to see if they need a drag queen on the thurs night.) ne_nau.gif ..a tall drag queen with potty mouth...just something different.

Golden Gate Theatre is downtown, a few blocks from the civic center at Taylor and Market. See Mapquest. Are you sure you aren't thinking of the O'Farrell Theater (895 O'Farrell)?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    Tks all...i know where im going now.....sort off.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Tks all...i know where im going now.....sort off.

a fiver (american) sez 'gus gets lost.

ladbrokes' line is 2:3 on him getting arrested within first 48 hours.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    andy wrote:

Dont laugh...im using your name for bail application 1drink.gif
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 1, 2005
    andy wrote:

Well, I really doubt if he'll get pinched (at least not by the cops :lol ) for being in drag outside of any theater in SF lol3.gif

So ya think we should start the "Free Gus (he didn't know no better)" fund today? rolleyes1.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    Well, I really doubt if he'll get pinched (at least not by the cops :lol ) for being in drag outside of any theater in SF lol3.gif

So ya think we should start the "Free Gus (he didn't know no better)" fund today? rolleyes1.gif

Steve

it's already in the budget. shh. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    That's a sucker's bet. Besides, some of the best fun I've had was getting lost in cities. Although, I have to admit, getting lost in Detroit was a bit unnerving. :twitch

gus, if you get lost, just take a cab to the O'Farrell Theater and we'll pick you up there. Don't forget to bring a stack of Hamiltons. mwink.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Dont laugh...im using your name for bail application 1drink.gif
    If you do get arrested, call 800-224-5937.

btw, i don't know you.
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Don't forget to bring a stack of Hamiltons. mwink.gif
    Im afraid to ask.
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2005
    fish wrote:
    If you do get arrested, call 800-224-5937.

btw, i don't know you.
    Any surf there if i get a day spare... & will i get arrested for wearing my budgie smugglers ?
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Any surf there if i get a day spare... & will i get arrested for wearing my budgie smugglers ?
    No surf in SF...you have to go quite a bit south for that. Besides, it's very cold. You can wear your BS, but will probably be accosted by those drag queens you were referring to earlier.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    fish wrote:
    No surf in SF...you have to go quite a bit south for that. Besides, it's very cold. You can wear your BS, but will probably be accosted by those drag queens you were referring to earlier.
    Now fishy.. don't go gettin his hopes up... by the way... hows the fishtribe doing??
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Now fishy.. don't go gettin his hopes up... by the way... hows the fishtribe doing??
    Boy woke up with 101.6F, girl woke up with 102.2F, both with sore throats. Waiting for a callback from the ped to take 'em in for cultures. :(: I feel okay, so far...