Options

WTB power cord for 300D battery charger

melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited May 28, 2007 in House of Canon
This makes me feel so silly.... But here it goes.

One my children lost the power cord for my canon battery charger. I can't find it ANYWHERE!

Do any of you have one? or know of where I can get one?

Thanks in advance!
Missy Ü

Comments

• Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    This makes me feel so silly.... But here it goes.

One my children lost the power cord for my canon battery charger. I can't find it ANYWHERE!

Do any of you have one? or know of where I can get one?

Thanks in advance!
    It's a standard cable that can be found at your local hardware store. Bring your charger with you, or steal one off of the nearest shaver, or kettle. Shouldn't be more than 5-10$ if you buy it.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2005
    It's a standard cable that can be found at your local hardware store. Bring your charger with you, or steal one off of the nearest shaver, or kettle. Shouldn't be more than 5-10$ if you buy it.
    Hardware store like... Lowes and Home Depot?
    Missy Ü
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2005
    Hardware store like... Lowes and Home Depot?

yeah, but go to radio shack first, missy. or if you have an electrical supply store in your town... easy plug to find, really easy.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2005
    andy wrote:
    yeah, but go to radio shack first, missy. or if you have an electrical supply store in your town... easy plug to find, really easy.
    Thanks Andy. You're ok I don't care what Troy says :) hehe
    Missy Ü
  • Options
    DreaDrea Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    I know this is an old thread but I have a question regarding the answer given for Melissa's question...( and I saw somewhere it's ALWAYS better to post in an existing thread!)
    Originally Posted by ScottMcLeod

Now I lost(misplaced) mine as well and I found a cable that seems to fit and work in my husbands "box of misc. electronic components". I also found what it is supposed to be connected to and I was comparing tiny info on back of both misc charger and my cannon charger... O.k so my questoin is does any of the AC input/DC output stuff matter as far as the cable is concerned? I don't want to blow up my battery or anything! ne_nau.gif

Now I hope I gave enough info, this is actually my first post and I have been thoroughly intimdated by the thread
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragon300zx
    Make sure you watch "Posting and You"

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

and assume you will all be laughing:uhoh as soon as this is posted. Computers and I have a hard time seeing eye to eye and you'll need to be patient with me.
    Hopefully I didn't screw anything up to bad.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Drea wrote:
    O.k so my questoin is does any of the AC input/DC output stuff matter as far as the cable is concerned? I don't want to blow up my battery or anything! ne_nau.gif

No, all the voltage/amperage "stuff" is inside the box, not the wire. Any wire will do. In fact, the reason that there is a separate wire to begin with is so that Canon can create one box, the expensive bit, and simply supply different wires for different customers throughout the world. In UK, they get the same charger, but a different wire, one with that HUGE wall connnector. In Europe, a different one still, and so on.

The box is 'smart" enough to actually work in different countries and with different voltages. Another benefit is that you only need a plug adaptor to use your charger in another country. You do not need a transformer, just the plug end adaptor.
  • Options
    DreaDrea Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Thank you so much Mason I have been going stir crazy 'cause I haven't been able to use my camera and now I'll be good to go in a couple hours. :photo

Great info to know about only needing an adapter. We move around alot and here voltage is the same as the mainland but it will be good to remember for our next stop in Europe.

Thanks again,

~ Drea
  • Options
    DigiGrinDigiGrin Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Hmmm .. interesting that I found this thread ...

I just purchased another 300D/Kiss from Japan .. everything that was included originally
    was shipped to me .. except of course, the cord that connects to the charger .. headscratch.gif
    He had explained that it wasnt being sent with the purchase .. however, can I still use
    a cord here in America, for a charger that was in Hong Long? I thought the voltage
    or whatever would be different .. like .. you know, when I was in Germany.
    I had to *switch* a lil .. well, switch .. from like 220 to 110 ..

So errr, I can still use this charger in America? With a cord from like .. Home Depot?

Coool .. wings.gif
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Actually, take the unit the battery fits into and hit a few computer stores. I syspect you may find what you're looking for there. Bestbuy is another option. Make sure to take the charging using with you.

OH... and make sure the unit says 110/220 VAC somewhere on it. I suspect you'll not have any issues. Just something to look for before you find that it will not work @ 110VAC.
  • Options
    DigiGrinDigiGrin Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Seymore wrote:
    Actually, take the unit the battery fits into and hit a few computer stores. I syspect you may find what you're looking for there. Bestbuy is another option. Make sure to take the charging using with you.

OH... and make sure the unit says 110/220 VAC somewhere on it. I suspect you'll not have any issues. Just something to look for before you find that it will not work @ 110VAC.
    hahaha .. toooo laaate .. rolleyes1.gif

I went and took the cable outta my other charger .. but before I did .. I took notice
    to read everything on the back of both of them .. and they're both exactly the same!
    Hmmm .. I guess the cable's are different? eek7.gifheadscratch.gif Weird .. but err, batteries are charging,
    and nothins gettin hot .. or uhh, exploding ............ yet .. :D
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    DigiGrin wrote:
    hahaha .. toooo laaate .. rolleyes1.gif

I went and took the cable outta my other charger .. but before I did .. I took notice
    to read everything on the back of both of them .. and they're both exactly the same!
    Hmmm .. I guess the cable's are different? eek7.gifheadscratch.gif Weird .. but err, batteries are charging,
    and nothins gettin hot .. or uhh, exploding ............ yet .. :D
    thumb.gif