Options

looking for an example of copyright info used in your metadata

wheresdavidwheresdavid Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
edited May 28, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Can, no make that, will someone please share with me what they include in the "metadata copyright info" in bridge or lightroom. is it just your name and all rights reserved or something like that?
thanks
Dave

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Hi Dave,

I always put in the year I took the photo, My full name, and email address. Phone numbers can change, My name never will, and the email address really only costs me 9.95 a year for the domain so I can have that forever.....

That way they can always contact you.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    In the Copyright field, I have "Copyright ©{year} Chris Laudermilk. All Rights Reserved." Which from my understanding is about the most bulletproof format.

Additionally, in Special Instructions, I have my contact information, including my name, phone number, email, and web address. I also have the following: "The image is copyrighted by the author. In publications you must mention the name of the author 'Chris Laudermilk.'" just as another reminder. deal.gif

Then, of couse stuff my name in Byline, Credit, and Caption Writer. I figure seeing my name in 5 separate fields should give even the densest people a clue who the image belongs to.

Oh, this is all using the "old" "obsolete" IPTC fields, which Adobe's XMP replicates & clones to their own fields. Reading that old IIM IPTC data still seems more universal with imaging apps.