Options

Gondolas

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited May 28, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
I spend a few hours in Venice (Italy) yesterday afternoon.
Saw these gondolas coming by, thought it looked very "touristy" so I figured I'd do the right touristy thing and take a few shots :click

I haven't had any time to do some decent pp'ing so these are nearly straight out of the camera. Both taken with 30d and 24-105.

156154688-L.jpg

This is the rearside (stern?) of the gondolas
156162715-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited May 25, 2007
    Nice. It's a great place for photography, but a few hours is really not enough.

Cheers,
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    Beautiful photos ! loved them clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    I spend a few hours in Venice (Italy) yesterday afternoon.
    Saw these gondolas coming by, thought it looked very "touristy" so I figured I'd do the right touristy thing and take a few shots 9496500-Ti.gif
    I haven't had any time to do some decent pp'ing so these are nearly straight out of the camera. Both taken with 30d and 24-105.
    This is the rearside (stern?) of the gondolas

Hi there Ivar, I have had the pleasure of travelling in a Gondola in Venice, many many moons ago, there was a man playing and singing as we floated along, and the window shutters on the houses that lined the pathways opened up and people looked as we slowly moved along.

We were tourists back then rolleyes1.gif

Nice shots Ivar thumb.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2007
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Nice. It's a great place for photography, but a few hours is really not enough.

Cheers,
    Thanks! I know, and I would love to go back some time but I only had a few hours this timeunfortunately :cry
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2007
    Beautiful photos ! loved them clap.gif
    Thanks for looking, Awais! I'm glad you like them.
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there Ivar, I have had the pleasure of travelling in a Gondola in Venice, many many moons ago, there was a man playing and singing as we floated along, and the window shutters on the houses that lined the pathways opened up and people looked as we slowly moved along.

We were tourists back then rolleyes1.gif

Nice shots Ivar thumb.gif .... Skippy
    Thanks Skip!

I didn't actually go in one of the gondolas, not enough time, but we did walk through the little alleys and streets, it was nice. I have some more shots, but I need to organize and pp them a bit. I'll post some soon.
  • Options
    JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Nice shots.. That canal is sooooo narrow:D Very pretty ornate sterns (yes the back of a boat, and the bow is the front ) That 24-105 is such a great lens, I love mine.

Jill
    Jill
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Wow, looks like our freeway traffic going out of town on Memorial Day weekend!!! Neat shots Ivar...what a shame to be passing through so quickly. I hope to go there someday.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Nice shots Ivar. Venice is a beautiful little place to visit! And it's healthy, no cars!! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2007
    JillG wrote:
    Nice shots.. That canal is sooooo narrow:D Very pretty ornate sterns (yes the back of a boat, and the bow is the front ) That 24-105 is such a great lens, I love mine.

Jill
    Thanks for looking, Jill! Yeah. I wasn't sure if 'stern' worked for gondolas too, hahaha. Yes, I love the 24-105. I can't imagine not having it anymore :D
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Wow, looks like our freeway traffic going out of town on Memorial Day weekend!!! Neat shots Ivar...what a shame to be passing through so quickly. I hope to go there someday.
    Hahaha, yeah, and this was a quiet canal. There were some parts, it was crazy. Boats everywhere, trying to pass eachother. Yep, I was only there for a few hours. It would be nice to be there for a little longer. It was smaller than I expected though, and besides sight-seeing there really is nothing to do, so I wouldn't want to be there for a week or longer. I'll definitely go back some time though. Let me know when you are going :D
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Nice shots Ivar. Venice is a beautiful little place to visit! And it's healthy, no cars!! thumb.gif
    Thanks! Yes, it is beautiful actually, I really liked it. The lack of cars is healthy, all the pizzas not so much maybe lol3.gif