Options

The Depression Business.

CodyWeberCodyWeber Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited May 30, 2007 in People
I would post individual photos, but I am kind of in a rush.
Check out the blog.

CLICK HERE!

-Cody Weber Photography.
There Was This Big Bang Once, But The Clergyman Doesn't Agree.
Cody Weber Photography.
Gallery -- Journal

Comments

• Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    I'd check out your pics....but I'm kind of in a rush. :D
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 26, 2007

hah!-

crack me up!-

cody-

some really neat pics (gotta get some new words to use)-

really like 3 and 8, although the idea of each is fascinating-

re 15, you can mock Him, but my guess is, He probably still cares for you and likes you-

as far this being a series on depression, they would not allow you to post anything here that would convey depression to me-

but, nonetheless, a lot of hard work and creativity put into these photos-

someone's enjoying their 20d-

next time you post, don't be in such a rush; infamous on dgrin here for not clicking on a link; after all, it's a freakin' extra click!-
  • Options
    BlinkingsBlinkings Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    God look at the time...I must run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumb.gif
    All the best,
    Andrew
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:

next time you post, don't be in such a rush; infamous on dgrin here for not clicking on a link; after all, it's a freakin' extra click!-

If he doesn't show the interest or care to take the time to post his own pictures......why would I think they are worth taking the time to look at them?. He obviously didn't care enough to take the time to post them. Nothing to do with an extra click to see them. Maybe even if he had shown some more enthusiasm towards his own work, I might have bothered to check them out. Heck...if the photographer can't even spend any time on his own work...what's that say about the photographer or the lack of importance they place on their work? Why even post?
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2007
    If he doesn't show the interest or care to take the time to post his own pictures......why would I think they are worth taking the time to look at them?. He obviously didn't care enough to take the time to post them. Nothing to do with an extra click to see them. Maybe even if he had shown some more enthusiasm towards his own work, I might have bothered to check them out. Heck...if the photographer can't even spend any time on his own work...what's that say about the photographer or the lack of importance they place on their work? Why even post?

well, I tend to agree with you-

but I'm not sure he would have done the link if he realized our penchant here for not following the link-

it is just one click, but you're right in that if cody doesn't take the time to post his pics here, why should we take the time to look-

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and take a look at the photos-

but, on the other hand, he should know now what kind of message he is conveying by not posting-

'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'-
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Interesting points by others. But there is more or as much critisizm to his posting as there is about his photo's. If someone offers you a taste of their fruit you shouldn't be upset if they ask you to go grab it fron the cubbard. :)

I liked the photos they are always so crisp and different from a lot that I see. Nice job.
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2007
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Interesting points by others. But there is more or as much critisizm to his posting as there is about his photo's. If someone offers you a taste of their fruit you shouldn't be upset if they ask you to go grab it fron the cubbard. :)

I liked the photos they are always so crisp and different from a lot that I see. Nice job.

true-

but look at all the play this thread got!-
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2007
    Prezwoodz wrote:

You missed my point it seems. It wasn't the having to go link to the shots. It's the fact he was too important and/or busy to be bothered to put them up. Kind of like. "Hey folks..I'm too busy to bother to put them up..I got to run..I have something more important to do.....so you go to my blog and check them out. It wasn't like he said he had some great shots and would like to share them...and then asked us to link to them. Just the attitude...or lack of importance he put on his own work and the little respect he showed toward the photogs he wanted to show his pics to. Nothing more. Just a lazy attitude that shows little importance to his work or others. headscratch.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    You missed my point it seems. It wasn't the having to go link to the shots. It's the fact he was too important and/or busy to be bothered to put them up. Kind of like. "Hey folks..I'm too busy to bother to put them up..I got to run..I have something more important to do.....so you go to my blog and check them out. It wasn't like he said he had some great shots and would like to share them...and then asked us to link to them. Just the attitude...or lack of importance he put on his own work and the little respect he showed toward the photogs he wanted to show his pics to. Nothing more. Just a lazy attitude that shows little importance to his work or others. headscratch.gif

Lets not worry about "attitude" and just deal with the pictures please.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    Lets not worry about "attitude" and just deal with the pictures please.

I didn't see any pics posted....only a half assed lazy attempt at getting us to link to a blog. ne_nau.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Cody, the guy caked in mud is interesting to me. I like some of those shots. I don't groove on the ones where you messed with the colors, though.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Cody I also like some of the shots where the guy is covered in mud. As a mom I struggle with some of your photos or your ideas. The ones that I have viewed here seem to be of something depressing which I have to wonder why someone your age thinks this way often. On the other hand from a creative standpoint I like how you think out of the box and work to bring your ideas to life from the camera. Your ideas and work is different which I like and applaud you for.

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • Options
    CodyWeberCodyWeber Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    This is just ridiculous. I posted the link to my page because I was literally walking out of the door. There was absolutely no reason for this. Sorry to take up two extra seconds of your time. *Eyerolls.
    There Was This Big Bang Once, But The Clergyman Doesn't Agree.
    Cody Weber Photography.
    Gallery -- Journal
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 29, 2007
    CodyWeber wrote:
    This is just ridiculous. I posted the link to my page because I was literally walking out of the door. There was absolutely no reason for this. Sorry to take up two extra seconds of your time. *Eyerolls.
    Cody:

Don't sweat it man. You're not the only person who has ever included a link in a post inviting and directing viewers to another site, be it SmugMug or other.

I like your shots. You have a good eye and a definite commercial bent to your work. You should work on fully developing your portfolio and getting posted on stock agency sites (smugmug's is in development)
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    I didn't see any pics posted....only a half assed lazy attempt at getting us to link to a blog. ne_nau.gif

You see that all the time around here. If you don't want to go to the link then don't. You might tell the poster that he/she would get more responses if they embedded the pics instead of posting a link. There's even this wild rumor going around that you can do that in a helpful manner.

I'm less bothered by the posting a link than I am by your need to make into some kind of a big deal.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    I had the time to go follow that link ... ne_nau.gif

And I say good show! The only thing that I'm pissed about is that I'm jealous of your photography skillz. thumb.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    Heck...if the photographer can't even spend any time on his own work...what's that say about the photographer or the lack of importance they place on their work? Why even post?
    Funny thing about Dgrin that separates us from the rest of the internet crap that's out there - we like all kinds of posters here, all we care about is a genuine love of photography. We don't care if photos are embedded (though it's sure nice!).. we care about the photos. Cody's got some talent, lots of passion, creativity, and I'm glad he posts here.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    There's even this wild rumor going around that you can do that in a helpful manner.
    lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    I enjoyed this set very much Cody, and keep coming back to the first shot of the guy in the sea. It's a haunting, powerful image I wont' forget soon.

As far as the link/blog thing, the only issue I had was the sheer number of images. When you're trying to convey select perspectives on a concept, the quantity of shots needs to be concentrated a bit.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    I'm not sure if most of these convey a sense of depression. But it is a concept and and you executed on it. Good for you! I liked #s 3, 13, 19, 20, & 30 the most. Keep it up thumb.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2007
    CodyWeber wrote:

cody-

lots more commenting on your pics-

more fer ye then agin ye-