Options

Anya and Nadia

ThinkingManThinkingMan Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited June 5, 2007 in People
Greetings grinners,

I want to be just like Yuri, so I figured I'd post some pictures of some Russian girls. Actually this is my (very American) sister Anya and her daughter, my niece Nadia. These photos were taken right around Nadia's first birthday. I had to do a good bit of ps work on the background (removing power lines, houses, etc.) but I think they turned out well.

Let me know what you think, I've got some thick skin:

1. IMG_4986.jpg

2. IMG_4997.jpg

3. IMG_4999.jpg

4. IMG_5013.jpg

5. IMG_5042.jpg

6. IMG_5048.jpg

7. IMG_5050.jpg

8. IMG_5055.jpg

9. IMG_5058.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    Russian girls, eh? mwink.gif What cute shots!!! 2,3,4 are my fav wings.gif However, they look a bit out of focus, but i like light on all of them. Give it a little contrast as well. Great photos!!clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    I love 1, 2, and 3. But #2 takes the cake for me!

You cut off part of her foot in #1.
    #8 and 7 look too pink, especially compared to #1.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ThinkingManThinkingMan Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Russian girls, eh? mwink.gif What cute shots!!! 2,3,4 are my fav wings.gif However, they look a bit out of focus, but i like light on all of them. Give it a little contrast as well. Great photos!!clap.gif[/quote
    There's a chance that nearly all of them are a tad bit out of focus, Nadia didn't want to cooperate at ALL and kept moving around, even with the L lens there was movement between the focus and the actual shutter snap. I was shooting wide open too ne_nau.gif so even a little bump will show at f/2.8.

The lighting was a NIGHTMARE for this shoot, it was before I got my second flash so i was using an onboard 580EX with lightsphere and then a 30" lastolite sunburst reflector for fill. However my friend who was supposed to help with the shoot bailed a the last minute and I don't have a reflector holder or stand (I should probably invest in one, huh?) so I used the next best thing, the neighbor's 5 year old. Needless to say the light wandered all over the place so I had to take what I could get.
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    I think there are a lot of us that would like to shoot like Yuri :D , he's very good at what he does!

I love all the shots that you shared...I'm especially loving number 4...great job. You have definately have an great eye...and I see lots of talent. Good jobthumb.gif
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Very good work!
    I love them all. And the main thing is - natural expressions.
    You managed to catch them so well.
    My congratulations!
    And please say 'priviet' to your ladies!
    Yuri
  • Options
    Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Greetings grinners,

2. IMG_4997.jpg

6. IMG_5048.jpg

All I can say is WoW !

I like these two the best.
    Look like winners to me!
    Bye,
    Peter Dumont