Options

Going to San Luis Obispo - suggestions??

LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
Hi,

My March vacation in St Marten turned into a June vacation in San Luis Obispo.

Anyone familair with the area? Know of any good spots for sunrise or sunset? Since my body will be on EDT, I may have a chance for the sunrise! :D

Any guidance is apprecited!
Lisa

Comments

• Options
    philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    From St Marten to SLO town wow what a change.
    Well you're close to Montana de oro there, great for sunrise or sunset. Morro Bay and the estuary. There are a bunch of great spots around Morro Bay. I like the estuary from the elfin forest which is in Los Osos. Also the rock and harbor from the hill above the golf course and around the museum. Of course between sunrise and sunset you have to go wine tasting. If you like strong reds then go north of Cuesta grade. If you like less powerfull reds like merlot then the edna valley region (east of SLO). For whites in that area I like clairborne and churchill.
    A short drive north past hearst castle there is a great spot for viewing elephant seals.
    If you hike at all there are a lot of great trails. Let me know and I can give you trail head info.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    Thursday
    I like shooting at various markets - they have a big Farmer's Market, I think on Thursdays. The Madonna Inn might have some quirky shots and Hearst Castle is a wonderful way to spend the day. Moonstone Beach at Cambria and then just north of that is the beach where the elephant seals are. The Mission in SLO is also nice. The Apple Farm is a h/motel frequently recommended but it's very touristy and overpriced.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com