Options

Please help SAE.

cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited June 6, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi there! I'm required to send a CD with SAE. I presume it means Self Addressed Envelope, is that right?
The thing I don't know is: should that envelope be pre payed? Or is an envelope with the correct address enough?
Thank you so much,
Carlo

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    SAE can stand for Self Addressed Envelope or Stamped and addressed Envelope......I would ask the parties to which you are refering that told you this.................

Most of the time if someone is asking for a SAE it needs to be stamped....it is the postage that is costly not the envelope...at least nowadays.

Good luck.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    I would depend on what country...in australia SAE means 'self addressed envelope'
  • Options
    cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    To UK. But I obviousy can't buy British stamps here in Italy. On the other hand I think that publishers quite easyly have connection with Ups, or Fedex or I don't know what, so that they can get the money from me when they bring back the CD to me!
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    It was always my understanding that SAE - self addressed envelope and SASE - self addressed stamped envelope.

Best to check and make sure.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me