Options

Testing the Digital Waters

DBotDBot Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited February 5, 2005 in Holy Macro
Any critique on this still? Exposure. composition. like ability.

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2005
    Hi D.

I like the stacking of the boxes, looks active and has tension. The potential for a nice wood grain effect is there too. Nice clean shot, crisp.

Things I'd look at if I were to reshoot this one... maybe try reframing it so the boxes aren't plumb in the middle: maybe some kind of framing that gives the shot more tension. The top box needs more light, it's kinda washed out and dark. More light could really bring out the wood grain, both color and texture. And maybe find a more neutral, or natural, background. The corner of the wall is a bit distracting.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2005
    Hi D.

The only other thing I would add to Waxy's comments is the slight colour cast to the photo. This may or may not have been intentional, but for me, the colour is a bit too yellow.

I hope you don't mind, but I took a couple of minutes in PhotoShop to remove the colour cast.

As I don't know the original colours, this is just my guess.

Brad

15372577-M.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2005
    Good one, Brad. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DBotDBot Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2005
    digismile wrote:
    Hi D.

The only other thing I would add to Waxy's comments is the slight color cast to the photo. This may or may not have been intentional, but for me, the color is a bit too yellow.

I hope you don't mind, but I took a couple of minutes in PhotoShop to remove the color cast.

As I don't know the original colors, this is just my guess.

Brad

15372577-M.jpg
    Thanks for the advise. It was taken under a lamp, and it was intentional, but now I know what is really preferred, thanks