Options

And now for something completely different.

GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
edited February 5, 2005 in Holy Macro
I know this is way different from my usual stuff but I caught this this morning and I thought it was interesting in an abstract way.

15374564-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2005
    Greaper,

I like this alot how was it done?
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2005
    This picture is awesome. I love everything about it :D

Dave
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2005
    Well there was a little tree frog climbing on the glass in a display in the reptile house. It was pretty dark and he was totally backlit so all I could see was his sillouette (SP?). The back of the display was fairly bright in areas and I thought the sillouette would make a great shot. It was dark and he was moving around a bit so slow shutter speeds were not goint to work. Lighting him with my flash to get the shutter speed up also did not work as it ruined the effect of the sillouette. I tried several different camera settings trying to get what I wanted but failed (yes I was chimping :D ) I gave up on it and moved on.

When I got home I was going through the shots and this struck me as bein kinda cool. I increased the contrast and saturation to make the frog as dark as possible and the colors in the background pop.

I liked it but wondered if I was wacko or if others would like it.