Options

Issue with "Make 2nd Copy" and arranging Galleries and Images

CleeFeltyCleeFelty Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited June 11, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am using Firefox and have noticed some issues with the following actions:

1. "Make 2nd Copy" - this works, sort of, but you in fact have to make two copies to get one to show up (well, I do). I usually then Move that copy to a new gallery.

When I attempted this workflow tonight, the image DID copy over to the new gallery, but also remained in the original gallery (copy versus move). When I delete the second copy from the original gallery, it deletes it in the new gallery also.

2. When arranging images and galleries within a category, I end up organizing twice as the first sets of sorting changes don't "stick". In the case of sorting within the gallery, "Arrange Photos" DOES work.

It is taking me much to long to do these simple tasks. Please advise. I have not included my Smugmug URL as it is password protected. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

CleeFelty

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2007
    CleeFelty wrote:
    1. "Make 2nd Copy" - this works, sort of, but you in fact have to make two copies to get one to show up (well, I do).
    I just tried to create a 2nd copy of an image and couldn't reproduce this behaviour. Also the moving to another gallery worked just fine.
    Could you therefore point us to the gallery and photo you've seen this happening (just sent the link to the helpdesk (http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal)? It might be also important to know the target gallery where you wanted to move the 2nd copy to.

2. When arranging images and galleries within a category, I end up organizing twice as the first sets of sorting changes don't "stick". In the case of sorting within the gallery, "Arrange Photos" DOES work.
    You're right. This is a known bug and the smugmug team is working on it. We're very sorry that this affects your smugmug experience.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2007
    CleeFelty wrote:
    1. "Make 2nd Copy" - this works, sort of, but you in fact have to make two copies to get one to show up (well, I do).

This is a long standing bug. Here is one of the threads that addresses it.

Your workaround of making another copy is the recommended way to make the original copy (plus the new one) show up.

The problem is that this bug is hard to replicate on demand (it doesn't happen all the time) so the Smugmug team hasn't been able to find a solution.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    CleeFeltyCleeFelty Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2007
    Thank you all for the response! I figured it was a bug so I hadn't inquired until now, but it was very temperamental today. Wanted to check in.

CleeFelty

BeachBill wrote:
    This is a long standing bug. Here is one of the threads that addresses it.

Your workaround of making another copy is the recommended way to make the original copy (plus the new one) show up.

The problem is that this bug is hard to replicate on demand (it doesn't happen all the time) so the Smugmug team hasn't been able to find a solution.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    CleeFelty wrote:
    I am using Firefox and have noticed some issues with the following actions:

1. "Make 2nd Copy" - this works, sort of, but you in fact have to make two copies to get one to show up (well, I do). I usually then Move that copy to a new gallery.
    I had the same thing happen to me tonight. I made a 2nd copy once and nothing happened. I did it again and I had 3 copies. I did it to two different images and the same thing happened both times. I'm using FF 2.0.0.4
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    If anyone has the same problem happening, can they please list the imageID, or a direct link to the image in this thread?

Since it seems to have every now and then for some people only, I'm trying to find similarities between the images, or any similarities really.

Bugs are so much easier if everyone is affected :cry
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    gluwater wrote:
    I had the same thing happen to me tonight. I made a 2nd copy once and nothing happened. I did it again and I had 3 copies. I did it to two different images and the same thing happened both times. I'm using FF 2.0.0.4
    Do you mean 1 original and 2 copies? Or 1 original and 3 copies?
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    me too...
    CleeFelty wrote:
    ...2. When arranging images and galleries within a category, I end up organizing twice as the first sets of sorting changes don't "stick"....

It is taking me much to long to do these simple tasks. Please advise. I have not included my Smugmug URL as it is password protected. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

CleeFelty

Arranging photos within a gallery, and arranging galleries within a category... I've had to do it multiple times before it "stuck"...