Options

Swansea and Gower, Wales - Great Britian

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited June 14, 2007 in Journeys
So I have ended up now in Wales which is really a quite beautiful place. I am staying in the dorms at Swansea Uni. and am having a great time here. I havn't been able to actually get around to much but should be able to get to some more mountains soon. They are so small! Its really neat and green though. Heres some pictures!

The weather here is notorious for being rainy but its not been bad at all. Rain occasionally but also quite much sun! Here is Wyms Head or Worms Head.
wales01.jpg

Run up a local hill and it was a really nice sight. The clouds rolled up fast so I ran back down.
wales02.jpg

Shasta runs from the surf on a nice surfing beach.
wales03.jpg

We took a hike out over Worms Head which you can only do at a certain time because of the tides. It was a beautiful day for a hike!
wales04.jpg

This is why you have to go at low tide. 2.5 hours later this area is impassible and quite nasty. Several have died trying to swim across.
wales05.jpg

My little bug friend. ;)
wales06.jpg

Shasta stand ontop of this large bridge.
wales07.jpg

Me in another small cave. I tried climbing in here and took a good chuck of rock off. If I was over the cliff I'd be dead heh.
wales08.jpg

The view back from the top of Worms head. Which actually means Dragon since Wym is their word for dragon...or some told. ;)
wales09.jpg

This beach is massive!!! Can you see the people down there?
wales11.jpg

A group of lady surfers finishing off the night with a good chat.
wales12.jpg

Another view of Wyms head and Rhossili village.
wales13.jpg

I am heading up to Snowdonia soon and possibly Brecon Beacons tomorrow so there should be some more pics soon enough! :)

Comments

• Options
    SnarcherSnarcher Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    wonderful place, cant wait to see more!

107986190-M.jpg
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Good to see the weather is playing fair in Wales. I agree that the mountains are not so dramatic as some of the shots you have posted from home, but they are very photogenic. Great shot of Shasta on the bridge.

Where are you going to next?

Stan
  • Options
    JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    My parents rented a house in Rhossili for our vacation when I was about 12 years old (that's almost 25 years ago...). I loved that place and I would love to go back there some time.
    Thanks for sharing this, that brought back some good memories. Good photos too thumb.gif