Something is Coming....

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited June 15, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
:huh:huh:huh

No it is here:D

162914760-L.jpg

My bro brought me a Gorrila Pod what a wonderful thing i ever got just amazing i salute to people who invented it. Also my w1 is back after 5 months this shot was taken by w1 camera shown is sony H5. And i got Lowepro cam bag rezo 190 and decent tripod of sony what a great day it was :clap:barb

Edit and yeah 1st semester is gone all exams finished totaly free nothing to do axcept clicking :barb
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    eek7.gifhuheek7.gif

No it is here:D

My bro brought me a Gorrila Pod what a wonderful thing i ever got just amazing i salute to people who invented it. Also my w1 is back after 5 months this shot was taken by w1 camera shown is sony H5. And i got Lowepro cam bag rezo 190 and decent tripod of sony what a great day it was clap.gifbarb
    Edit and yeah 1st semester is gone all exams finished totaly free nothing to do axcept clicking wings.gif
    Hi Awais, how cool is that :D I've only seen them on the net.
    So do you like how it works?
    I love the way the legs all bend in different directions.
    Lucky you :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    WOW, This is pretty neat, i've never seen one of these before. Where do i get it??
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    I have one of those in my 'shopping cart' at B&H....let us know how you like it! Congrats on getting your beloved camera back and for being free from classes!!! :D
  • JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Hi, Nice shot, I didn't know what it was when I first saw it, I thought it was a sculpture someone maderolleyes1.gif. Now I know it's a tripod . Congrats on getting such a cool tripod and now having the time to take more pictures.

Jill
    Jill
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    My bro brought me a Gorrila Pod what a wonderful thing i ever got just amazing i salute to people who invented it.
    Awais, that's great! My son has one of those. It's really cool. You can use it on uneven surfaces and the legs can be wrapped around things. He can wrap it around a pole, chair back, tree branch, whatever. Can mount his camera to lots of things. Very fun.

Congrats on finishing up your classes!thumb.gif
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Great news on the return of the camera and the new gear, Awais.
    saurora wrote:
    I have one of those in my 'shopping cart' at B&H....let us know how you like it! Congrats on getting your beloved camera back and for being free from classes!!! :D

I have a gorillapod zoom - largest and most sturdiest model. Not sure how much I like it for simple, low-to-the ground shots. For some reason the legs don't suport the weight of the camera, the lens, and the flash too well. It's always slowly dropping. I have yet to try mine with my 70-300 zoom. I have not used it yet as advertised; e.g., with the legs wrapped around branches, posts, etc.
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    I smell a review! :D
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Hello all and thanks for nicve comments

Marina i just saw it is available online if you go to smugmug contol panel !
    Skippy it is very easy now i can easily take photos on table macros are much more easy
    I don't have any experince with DSLR but it holds sony H5 nicely and one more thing it quick release is far better then sony tripod clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Dalantech wrote:
    I smell a review! :D
    Here's more.

The Gorillapod SLR-Zoom is rated to support up to 6.6 pounds. That's right from Joby's packaging.

Well, to test this I set up the following:

Canon 20D - 1.51 lb
    BG-E2 Grip - 0.639 lb
    MP-65E - 1.94 lb
    Velbron Rail - 1.04 lb
    MR-14EX Flash - 0.89 lb
    Camera Batteris (2) - 0.335 lb
    AA Batteries (4) - ?

Total Weight on the GorillaPod SLR-Zoom = 6.354 lbs

Granted, some of the above is not necessary to use for macro work. One can easily save weight by dropping the grip and one battery. The rail can certainly be optional, too. However, it shows that one can push the weight limits of the GorillaPod SLR-Zoom easily. In fact, I have not exceeded the rated weight, but the GorillaPod SLR-Zoom can't support the weight.

The 28-300 weighs in at 3.7 lbs. It would easily fail the GorillPod SLR-Zoom in a standing position; e.g., not using the legs wrapped around a support, with a 580EX (0.826 lbs) and the 20D (1.51 lbs), grip (0.639 lbs), and batteries. The 28-300 is close to the lens shown in Joby's website:
    163287184-S.jpg