Options

Sorrow for a broken leg???

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited June 18, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Not sure if these work. Had some opportunities over the past week to try to capture sorrow while my 20 month old was stuck in a full leg cast (he had a toddler's fracture).
159385791-L.jpg
This first one is actually ineligible - taken June 1st...

163805909-M.jpg

163806564-L.jpg

163807185-L.jpg

Now that he's out of it, it's time to work on joy....
E

Comments

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    I'm glad he's out of that cast (and I bet you are too!). This is tough because I think the last 2 shots could be more powerful, but without the other shots and your story, they are somewhat vague. #3 shows the saw best, but not the child. Also removing a cast is usually a good thing! #4 gives me the feeling the child could be crying but I can't see much of the saw and rely on your story (or a good title). #1 is ineligible and that leaves #2. It definitely envokes a response from me as I can clearly see the sad situation and his expression. But the more I look at them, I'm inclined to lean towards #4. Let's see what others say!!! ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    If I had to choose, I like 2 and 4....(brought back many memories for me)

I like 2 because of the look in his face, "sad that he can't get up and go play with the other kids"...I just wish that his face was angled just a bit more towards the camera to get more of emotion from his eyes...Childrens eyes are sooooo expressive.

4..WOW..this one evoked many emotions, sad being one of them, and sorrow for the parent. I remember how I felt. Having to hold the child down, them really not understanding the procedure, and worrying and hoping that they don't go "too" far with the cast saw, then the little eyes looking up at you for reassurance, all the while your feeling like crap, cuz your child is wondering WHY is she doing this?? But, I guess I might feel these emotions because I am a parent and have gone thru similar processes, what emotions will people feel that have no children is the question??

Nice job and good luck in what ever you choose.
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    I actually liked #1 the best. I felt sympathetic towards him, although he doesn't seem to be bothered by it too much, wondering what brought him to that point and what he'd been through gets me. #4 would have been stronger except I can't really see the cast and only know what's truly going on because of the previous images.

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    4..WOW..this one evoked many emotions, sad being one of them, and sorrow for the parent. I remember how I felt. Having to hold the child down, them really not understanding the procedure, and worrying and hoping that they don't go "too" far with the cast saw, then the little eyes looking up at you for reassurance, all the while your feeling like crap, cuz your child is wondering WHY is she doing this?? But, I guess I might feel these emotions because I am a parent and have gone thru similar processes, what emotions will people feel that have no children is the question??

15524779-Ti.gif 120%
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

I'll have to see what I can capture as far as joy this week and decide.

E