Options

British Superbikes at Mondello

SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
edited June 20, 2007 in Sports
A couple of pics from the BSB at Mondello today.

Leon Haslam
163450630-L.jpg

Shakey
163453304-L.jpg

Stalker
163459225-L.jpg

Rea who is on pole for tomorrow
163454589-L.jpg

Kyonari
163448241-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    nice shots, you lucky devil getting to shoot in lovely weather like that did you have press access
  • Options
    F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Hi Seamus,

Nice shots...
    the colors really look terriffic.

You gotta love flame throwing in the rain!
    Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
    www.christophersedgwick.com

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    thumb.gif Especially the rain shots!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2007
    gsgary wrote:
    nice shots, you lucky devil getting to shoot in lovely weather like that did you have press access

the weather improved on Sunday and the second race was a cracker. Rea won his first superbike race clap.gif
    I had a pass for the weekend and had a ball :ivar
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2007
    F45 wrote:
    Hi Seamus,

Nice shots...
    the colors really look terriffic.

You gotta love flame throwing in the rain!

Unfortunately it seems that Chris Walker won't be racing with Rizla Suzuki again. Neil Hodgson is testing with Rizla this week and the rumour mill seemed to think that stalker would be sacked. I got lucky with the photo, most of the shots from this angle focused on the spray and the riders were out of focus headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    thumb.gif Especially the rain shots!

thanks sid, it was worth getting soaked when I saw the pic of walker on the 'puter
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2007
    John McGuinness, racing in the supersport class, who set a new lap record at the TT this year with an average speed of 130 mph :jawdrop

164474466-L.jpg
  • Options
    JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    Good exposure, would have been nice if you could have shot from the front, backs are boring unless something is going on like a crash or something to pull you into it........ The ones from the front are nice but one is too tight and the other is too loose..... either way I wish I could have been there,Im jealous...:cry
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2007
    JoeL wrote:
    Good exposure, would have been nice if you could have shot from the front, backs are boring unless something is going on like a crash or something to pull you into it........ The ones from the front are nice but one is too tight and the other is too loose..... either way I wish I could have been there,Im jealous...:cry

I shot from the back so I could capture the flames from the back of Walker's bike. I was at another part of the track in the morning and could see the flames coming from the exhaust when he was going into corners. I think I got a reasonably good pic of him, the reflection of the flames on the ground, spray from the back tyre and properly exposed. The other pics from this vantage point showing the riders from the rear do demonstrate the conditions they had to ride in to qualify.

I know photography is subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I do appreciate you offering your opinion but I disagree with you. I don't think the pics are boring.