Options

Shooting in and around Phoenix/Mesa Az

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
Last time we were out there to visit family, I took a couple hours and drove the Apache Trail to where the pavement ends (Tortilla Flat?). I have DSLR this time and want to get some sunset/sunrise/environment shots. Any suggestions on locations within an hour or so of Mesa this week?
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    TristanP wrote:
    Last time we were out there to visit family, I took a couple hours and drove the Apache Trail to where the pavement ends (Tortilla Flat?). I have DSLR this time and want to get some sunset/sunrise/environment shots. Any suggestions on locations within an hour or so of Mesa this week?

You can go back out towards the Superstitions which are the Mountains to the South of Apache Trail. There are several trails on all sides of those moutains that offer different views.

You could also head North on Power Rd. which leads down to the Salt River, Saguro Lake, and all the way out to Beeline Hwy-Hwy 260 (another nice drive). At Beeline Hwy you can head North Towards Payson and see some areas of unique rock formations and heavy populations of Saguro Cactus. If you head South on Beeline you will come into Fountain Hills (famous for a large water fountian) and can return to Mesa.

It is going to be hot so you may be interested in taking a little more time and going North to Payson to see Tonto Natural Bridge and the White Mountains.

I would offer to meet up but I am leaving for Page AZ on Thursday and will be gone till the next week.

Good Luck.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion