Options

Congratulate me, I've joined the <fill in the blank> side!

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited June 21, 2007 in Cameras
Weird side? Oblong side? Something-obscene side?

Last Friday, sick of my Kodak's AF-on-everything-but-the-subject and "saturation-is-better-than-color-accuracy" I bit the bullet and ordered a Pentax K100D SLR with 18-55 and 50-200mm lenses! It's arriving Thursday and I feel as if I am in way over my head, and loving it!

Soon I'll be able to take pictures of my thumb, the floor and my blurry next-door neighbor at ISO 1600, or even ISO 3200!

This is how I feel right now:

:ivar:scratch:cry:barb:huh:wink:dunno:clap

Comments

• Options
    UP N MTNSUP N MTNS Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    Congrates new gear is always funwings.gif
    Tug at a single thing in nature, and you will find it connected to the universe.
    John Muir
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,912 moderator
    edited June 19, 2007

Soon I'll be able to take pictures of my thumb, the floor and my blurry next-door neighbor at ISO 1600, or even ISO 3200!

If your neighbor is a "hot" babe, I wanna see the pictures. If your neighbor is the "naked fat guy" from "Friends", count me out.rolleyes1.gif (Also make sure you understand the "peeping Tom" ordinances that apply, and that any inappropriate photos are pretty much called evidence in a courtroom.)

Seriously, one of my friends has that combination, and he is doing great things with it. thumb.gif

Congratulations and good luck,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2007
    ziggy53 wrote:
    If your neighbor is a "hot" babe, I wanna see the pictures. If your neighbor is the "naked fat guy" from "Friends", count me out.rolleyes1.gif (Also make sure you understand the "peeping Tom" ordinances that apply, and that any inappropriate photos are pretty much called evidence in a courtroom.)

Seriously, one of my friends has that combination, and he is doing great things with it. thumb.gif

Congratulations and good luck,

Dunno. The neighbor is just a blur. My son, however, is looking forward to being in focus (although not necessarily being focused.)

What's really cool is that a number of my friends are Pentax (film) shooters with old K-mount lenses just lying about.iloveyou.gif

Plus you can get awesome primes for cheap on eBay if you don't mind about shooting in Manual or Av mode.

Ooh, and those pancake lenses... must ... mortgage ... house ...!
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Congrats. Those Pentax bodies look like good options to the Nikon/Canon battle. I liked the K100D I had a chance to play with & the lens lineup is nice.
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2007
    Congrats. Those Pentax bodies look like good options to the Nikon/Canon battle. I liked the K100D I had a chance to play with & the lens lineup is nice.

It arrived yesterday.

This is how sophisticated it is: it took me 20 minutes to attach the neck strap.

I'm intimidated and excited.
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    It arrived yesterday.

This is how sophisticated it is: it took me 20 minutes to attach the neck strap.

I'm intimidated and excited.

Don't feel bad, it took me 30 minutes to figure out that there had to be a better way to attach my neck strap, so I used some quick release clips to attach it. But again, 30 minutes!! headscratch.gif