Options

last weekend's wedding

gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
edited June 22, 2007 in Weddings
hi all. These are from a friend of mine's wedding...unfortunatly i met thim after they had already hired their photographer. I didnt shoot the ceremony because i was conducting the string orchestra. they hired an 8 piece ensemble + trumpet to play at the wedding. thats what you get when two band directors get married! they arranged the processional and the recessional themselves and i conducted the ensemble. they were very good players...they all played in the augusta symphony (2 of them were my professors at school, lol)

i shot the rehersal and the dinner since their photog wasnt shooting that, and i took my camera to the reception.

rehersal dinner:

1. the groom's son...what a cutie! he was such a ham too. every time i'd point the camera at him he'd say "CHEEEEEESE!!!"
164564158-L.jpg

2. we ate dinner in a wine cellar. i couldnt resist at least one of these:
164564520-L.jpg

3. one of the uncles or grandparents, not really sure.
164564812-L.jpg

4. since we've had a few threads on capturing kisses, i thought i'd post this. probably not the best shot but there's my attempt.
164567474-L.jpg

5. the groom's sister and her nephew. she loved this shot when i showed it to her on the LCD.
164586188-L.jpg

6. nothing special about this photo except that it is an example of how perception matters: the guy on the left looks like a giant! or is it that the bride/groom are tiny?
164569785-L.jpg

7. the groom was being a complete goober here, lol. his sillyness makes for a cute picture though. bride is about to lose it.
164570127-L.jpg

8. and she lost it
164570178-L.jpg

9. i couldnt believe that he resisted the urge to smear it all over her face. she still looked cautious though.
164571084-L.jpg

10. she returned the favor. not a crumb on his face. booooo
164571463-L.jpg

11. eskemo kisses during 1st dance
164573784-L.jpg

12. there's something that i like about this photo, although i cant quite put my finger on it. maybe it captures some of the tenderness they were sharing during their dance?
164574459-L.jpg

13. and the exit
164576992-L.jpg

there's more, but seeing as how i wasn't the hired photog, i helped heard people out of the way so she could get the captures she needed. because of this, alot of my shots have cut off arms and random elbows of people holding their cameras out to get pictures from the sides, heh.

a little side note...this was my first lightroom project. all were shot in .jpg and corrected in lightroom. i noticed that as i would apply the same settings to a group of pics that it would work better for some than for others even though the lighting conditions were the same. some of the pics have a slight blue cast from white balance correction, and some are spot on (to my eye at least). i suppose in the future i'll have to make minor WB corrections to each image.

Comments

• Options
    pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    You've captured some nice moments, there, but all these pictures seem to have
    a red cast.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    1 - very cute kid. Just a little under-exposed.
    2 - Nice DOF shot with the wine bottles. I like the way you did this - choosing to focus on something in the middle rather than at one end or the other.
    4 - As the expert on this sort of kiss (at least that's what one would assume if one read some of urbanaries recent posts), let me say this about that - nice pose but you're too far away from the couple. This should be an intimate shot, with them and only them in the image. Also, their positions, relative to each other, open the experience up to the whole world when they should be "closing the whole world out".
    8, 9 - These are good. You captured the emotion and that's what it's all about. The B&G will see these photographs and be better able to remember the humor of the situation/moment.
    12 - Yes, I see the tenderness as well. This is very good and I'm going to steal that idea from you!!

And, you weren't the contracted photographer. Well, I'm thinking you did a very nice job. I can't comment on any possible color cast - this monitor I'm on right now is most definitely not a top of the line, color calibrated piece of equipment.
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Adorable...looks like the groom is the nutty one if the family. I love a funny man.