Options

Keyword Question

carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
edited July 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have added nearly all my keywords using the bulk keyword/caption facilty and have no record of them other than on my Smugmug site. My question is if I have added more than 15 keywords in this way what wil happen to numbers 16,17 etc ? will Smugmug delete them, and does a multi word phrase enclosed " " count as one keyword or is the count actually based on the individual words ?
Just curious, not a problem, but it would be helpful to know:D

Caroline
Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    I have added nearly all my keywords using the bulk keyword/caption facilty and have no record of them other than on my Smugmug site. My question is if I have added more than 15 keywords in this way what wil happen to numbers 16,17 etc ? will Smugmug delete them, and does a multi word phrase enclosed " " count as one keyword or is the count actually based on the individual words ?
    Just curious, not a problem, but it would be helpful to know:D

Caroline
    Add more than 15 and see. The others will be there if you edit the keywords you can see them - but we won't index them. "this is one" and "thisisone"

OK?
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Add more than 15 and see. The others will be there if you edit the keywords you can see them - but we won't index them. "this is one" and "thisisone"

OK?
    OK:D
    Thanks Andy, My dsl connection has died temporarily and I'm on a slow dial up so I'm don't have the inclination to experiment, I appreciate your reply.
    Caroline

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2007
    More keywords questions
    More checking and sorting of my keywords has shown up something odd -
    I have 'somerset levels' with 19 photos and then 'somerset levels' with 1 photo ? I can't see that there is any difference between the 19 pics and the 1 pic. Is this a bug ??

Caroline

[/URL]
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited July 2, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    something odd -
    I have 'somerset levels' with 19 photos and then 'somerset levels' with 1 photo ?
    Caroline -
    I just took a look at your keywords, and what I saw was 19 photos with the keyword of 'somerset levels' and 1 photo with 'somerset levels view'. I suspect that if you change the keyword on that one photo that all will be within the one keyword.

Also - just FYI - I'm running IE7 on WindowsXP, and the top piece of your banner is cut off. It starts with "Photography". Looks fine in Firefox.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2007
    Caroline -
    I just took a look at your keywords, and what I saw was 19 photos with the keyword of 'somerset levels' and 1 photo with 'somerset levels view'. I suspect that if you change the keyword on that one photo that all will be within the one keyword.

Also - just FYI - I'm running IE7 on WindowsXP, and the top piece of your banner is cut off. It starts with "Photography". Looks fine in Firefox.

--- Denise

Oh no what a dummy I am - thanks Denise, talk about 'can't see for looking',

Caroline, crawling away to hide under desk in embarrassment.

[/URL]