Options

Light Chariot

MrPartsMrParts Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited June 24, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
This is my Honda.

What your seeing all around it is a long exposure of a handmade (by me) light wand. It's made with a flashlight bulb, two batteries, a couple of wires and everyone's favorite ... duc tape!
I didn't want to use fireworks sparklers on this since I like my paint job! LOL!

Since my camera will only stay open for 30 seconds, I had to put together 6 photos in PSP to make this one look like just one shot.
Enjoy your life, it's the only one you get.

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    MrParts wrote:
    This is my Honda.

What your seeing all around it is a long exposure of a handmade (by me) light wand. It's made with a flashlight bulb, two batteries, a couple of wires and everyone's favorite ... duc tape!
    I didn't want to use fireworks sparklers on this since I like my paint job! Laughing.gif!

Since my camera will only stay open for 30 seconds, I had to put together 6 photos in PSP to make this one look like just one shot.

Wow 6 shots put together eek7.gif gosh, you'd never know, except that you told us :D
    Smart thinking on your part not to use sparklers that close to your car.
    The sparklers on the bike give a more brilliant affect.

Another great shot clap.gif ...... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    greenplasticdavegreenplasticdave Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    MrParts wrote:
    This is my Honda.

I didn't want to use fireworks sparklers on this since I like my paint job! Laughing.gif!

Wow, you really DO like long exposures don't you? This was well executed. I feel your pain with the 30 second exposure limit. My cam only does 15seconds or 2minutes, 30seconds on bulb mode. Check my Blog to see how I combined 900 shots for a 4 hour star trail image. :)

www.mirkwoodcottage.typepad.com/davidjamesphotography

-Dave-
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited June 22, 2007
    MrParts wrote:
    This is my Honda.

Looks more like your Honda on drugs. mwink.gif

Seriously, that is a very cool shot. Well done. thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Very creative ! never saw thing like this done before
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SerratorSerrator Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Fun stuff and creative too! Well done.
    My Photo Playground:
    www.flickr.com/photos/serrator
  • Options
    MrPartsMrParts Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    Thank you everyone!
    Enjoy your life, it's the only one you get.