Options

Umass Hockey vs Northeastern

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited February 8, 2005 in Sports
Well the game on Friday night was ugly and I couldnt go to Saturdays game.
I got ok photos, the rink is dark, but its a classic ( it is where the Boston Bruins, when they played, played before the Boston Garden opened).
We lost 2-1 (Umass did win on Sat, first win in 2005 I didnt go because I had a game and the rink is even darker than this one)
15364901-M-1.jpg
15364898-M-1.jpg
15364964-M-1.jpg
This one believe it or not is a goal. Just before actually. It is a good example of how to use your ASSets:
15365050-M-1.jpg
15365162-M-1.jpg
15365181-M-1.jpg

I also got to the game late, cause the guy that gave me a ride is lame. So I didnt have enough time to realy play with my setting to get the light right.
Oh well we have another game there before the season ends.

Please feel free to comment good or bad.
The rest of the gallery if you are interested is here:
http://winger.smugmug.com/gallery/385403

And today I just got accepted to Sport Shooter.com. I am sooo excited.
http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=3992

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 7, 2005
    winger wrote:
    I also got to the game late, cause the guy that gave me a ride is lame.
    hmmm, wonder who that could be... rolleyes1.gif

congrats again on the sportsshooter. I know it's been your goal for a while now thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    what happened to the WB here?

15365162-M-1.jpg
    Erik

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Well the game on Friday night was ugly and I couldnt go to Saturdays game.
    I got ok photos, the rink is dark, but its a classic ( it is where the Boston Bruins, when they played, played before the Boston Garden opened).
    We lost 2-1 (Umass did win on Sat, first win in 2005 I didnt go because I had a game and the rink is even darker than this one)
    15364901-M-1.jpg
    15364898-M-1.jpg
    15364964-M-1.jpg
    This one believe it or not is a goal. Just before actually. It is a good example of how to use your ASSets:
    15365050-M-1.jpg
    15365162-M-1.jpg
    15365181-M-1.jpg

I also got to the game late, cause the guy that gave me a ride is lame. So I didnt have enough time to realy play with my setting to get the light right.
    Oh well we have another game there before the season ends.

Please feel free to comment good or bad.
    The rest of the gallery if you are interested is here:
    http://winger.smugmug.com/gallery/385403

And today I just got accepted to Sport Shooter.com. I am sooo excited.
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=3992
    Hey Karen.. congratulations!!! I live just down the road from you ... great job on getting into sportsshooterclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    what happened to the WB here?

15365162-M-1.jpg
    I know I didnt really get to white balance, plus its different from behind the glass than up above. This rink is old with old lights.
    Just remeber dont eat the yellow snow.

(siden note does anyone else notice that phots sometimes look darker on smugmug than they do else where? Or am I crazy. well I am crazy anyways but just an observation).

Erik next time you are down at the garage and i have my laptop you have to show me how to batch process stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    winger wrote:
    I know I didnt really get to white balance, plus its different from behind the glass than up above. This rink is old with old lights.
    Just remeber dont eat the yellow snow.

(siden note does anyone else notice that phots sometimes look darker on smugmug than they do else where? Or am I crazy. well I am crazy anyways but just an observation).

Erik next time you are down at the garage and i have my laptop you have to show me how to batch process stuff.
    your crazy

it's a date
    Erik

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 7, 2005
    Very nice job clap.gifclap.gif

You already mentioned the lighting was poor, but I think these came out well. Sure, it would be nicer to have some brighter faces, but for what you had to work with, I think you did very well.

If you are going to wimp out and consider using a flash, here's the perfect venue for it....Laughing.gif

Real photographer's don't use a flash to do indoor action rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

J/K a nice fill might help the faces mwink.gif

Thanks for sharing and hopefully I didn't offend rolleyes1.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2005
    Very nice job clap.gifclap.gif

You already mentioned the lighting was poor, but I think these came out well. Sure, it would be nicer to have some brighter faces, but for what you had to work with, I think you did very well.

If you are going to wimp out and consider using a flash, here's the perfect venue for it....Laughing.gif

Real photographer's don't use a flash to do indoor action rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

J/K a nice fill might help the faces mwink.gif

Thanks for sharing and hopefully I didn't offend rolleyes1.gif

Steve

Well NU I couldnt really, because it silly to use a flash behind the glass and in the stands would just be futile.

but totally opposite of what I shot on thursday I just came back from the beanpot, shooting this same team (not umass my normal team but northeastern) It may take me a day or two to get them up but as of right now one of my photos is on the front page of www.uscho.com

The colors are just amazing. I dont know how long that photo from the first game will stay up on uscho.com...i have to send them some from the 2nd game.