Options

Edmonton travels

aporiaaporia Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited June 27, 2007 in Journeys
Here are a few photos from my Edmonton adventure a couple of weeks ago. Thanks, Ann, for the downtown meet-up and introduction to Old Strathcona.

The former Pocklington house on the hill
166138707-M.jpg
I was hoping the clouds would stick around on my morning walk in the park but they already had begun to dissipate by the time I took this shot.

My 24-105 lens was too short for this next one but the action on the shore below was great!

One Dog Dreams
166138624-M.jpg

My favorite from Fort Edmonton:
166139611-M.jpg

Edmonton Pride and big hair in Churchill Square after the Saturday afternoon downpour:

166138592-M.jpg

165420694-M.jpg

165422127-M.jpg

166138298-M.jpg

Dance performers were on stage during the entire event. "Yoko Ono" was one of the wildest and funniest to me.

165422420-M.jpg165422621-M.jpg

A B&W conversion:
166310746-M.jpg

C&C always appreciated.
Tom in Niagara (CAN/US)
Real Body Integrated Arts
GMT -5

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    aporia wrote:
    Here are a few photos from my Edmonton adventure a couple of weeks ago. Thanks, Ann, for the downtown meet-up and introduction to Old Strathcona.
    The former Pocklington house on the hill
    I was hoping the clouds would stick around on my morning walk in the park but they already had begun to dissipate by the time I took this shot.
    My 24-105 lens was too short for this next one but the action on the shore below was great!
    One Dog Dreams
    My favorite from Fort Edmonton:
    Edmonton Pride and big hair in Churchill Square after the Saturday afternoon downpour:
    Dance performers were on stage during the entire event. "Yoko Ono" was one of the wildest and funniest to me.
    A B&W conversion:
    C&C always appreciated.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy 78 more sleeps to go and I will be in Edmonton too whoohoooo!!! clap.gif :ivar
    Ummmmmm I dunno that I want a free hug from that man with the sign :patch.

I'm glad you got to meet up with Ann, and that you had a great trip.
    Thanks for sharing your journey :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    aporia wrote:

165422127-M.jpg

Love this shot-- that is some of the biggest hair I've ever seen (and yes, I have been to Texas :D). Yeah, yeah, I realize it's a wig, but it's still impressive.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited June 26, 2007
    I don't think you're his type, Skippy.eek7.gif
    Skippy wrote:
    Ummmmmm I dunno that I want a free hug from that man with the sign :patch.
    Tom in Niagara (CAN/US)
    GMT -5
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2007
    Thanks, Pete.
    dogwood wrote:
    Love this shot-- that is some of the biggest hair I've ever seen (and yes, I have been to Texas :D). Yeah, yeah, I realize it's a wig, but it's still impressive.

There was a lot of impressive, big blonde hair on board that day -- along with big boobs and baloons everywhere. This made shooting really tough but I managed to find a few moments through the crowd that I can count as keepers.
    166138868-M.jpg

I've lived in Texas. Edmonton Pride hair this year was a whole lot bigger!
    Tom in Niagara (CAN/US)
    GMT -5
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Hi Tom

I love looking at others vision of things familiar to me, so I am enjoying your view of my city.

The dog shot is fabulous - love the little puppy looking on!

I am also very impressed at your shots from the Pride fest. If I thought I could muster the courage to do street shooting, I might go next year.

Hope we can meet up again!

ann

Oh, have you noticed how TALL the big hair blonde is? (S)he towers over everyone else in the crowd!