Options

Digital Photo Frames

GrampsGramps Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited June 27, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I am looking for a way to use these new photo frames to display the pictures that I am shooting at sports tournaments. I tried computers and CRTs this weekend and let me tell ya there is NO way to reduce the glare outside.

I have been to several stores and noone seems to have any actual knowledge of the frames, so I wanted to drop a note here and see if anyone has any suggestions.

I am looking for a frame that will have a built in battery AND will somehow show a picture number. Doesnt have to show the number all the time but people have to be able to tell me which photo they want.

Anyone got a suggestion? Budget will allow $150-200 per unit and a 5-7inch screen is good enough.

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    Digital frames are LCD's. If you think the glare off a CRT is bad in the sunlight, you haven't seen anything yet. Try looking at the LCD on your camera out in the sunlight. Is it easy to see? Is it clear and bright with good colors? If your worried about displaying these outside what you really need to be worried about is fainding a way to block the sun no matter what displaying method you are using. Be it a canopy, hood, etc. A better example is take a portable dvd player or laptop out side and try looking at the screen.

I understand what it is that you are looking to do but I really don't think the digital frames are going to solve the problem.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bspeaksbspeaks Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    You might want to check this link:

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1054

I use their view-finder hood and LCD display protector and they work fine.

Bill
    The breeze at dawn has secrets to share. Don't go back to sleep. Rumi

www.speaksimages.com