Options

Disappointing trip to Jasper

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited February 8, 2005 in The Big Picture
Travelled there in a blizzard. It continued snowing all day Friday - I left the camera in its bag. I ended up with some version of stomach flu overnight Friday and was not feeling very well Saturday. Spent the day at the ski hill (in the chalet) with the kids Saturday and got to test the 20d there, but nothing really amazing came of it.
This morning, it was so cloudy and grey ---- drove up to pyramid lake and got some shots in but there won't be any cheery bright blue sky, pure white snow shots among them!
And then drove home on a highway in 'poor winter driving conditions with patches of black ice'.
Got fairly up close and personal with a big horn sheep, as he walked right in front of our car on the highway! Silly sheep!

Thought I'd say hello, how was your weekend?

ann

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    Sorry to hear of your disappointment Ann!

Don't have any photos available for display but I have been to Jasper twice. Both times were incredible! I was able to shoot a few sheep, moose, elk and even a black bear.
    But I think the most incredible experience was bathing in the hot spring water pool while snow was falling gently around and covering the mountains and trees with a beautiful white blanket.

But hey, Jasper is your back yard isn't it? You could do it again in a few months.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    Sorry to hear of your disappointment Ann!

Don't have any photos available for display but I have been to Jasper twice. Both times were incredible! I was able to shoot a few sheep, moose, elk and even a black bear.
    But I think the most incredible experience was bathing in the hot spring water pool while snow was falling gently around and covering the mountains and trees with a beautiful white blanket.

But hey, Jasper is your back yard isn't it? You could do it again in a few months.
    Hey Nir - yes Jasper is quite a wondeful place. As to it being in my backyard, well this is my first trip out in 3 years - we are just too busy for weekend trips!
    I'm hoping that some of my shots have turned out all right, despite the cloud cover. Pure fresh snow everywhere, though.

ann
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    Laid on the lounge room floor sweating in the heat..eating mangoes & watching sport.

Would'nt have minded a bit of snow though.
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    Sorry to hear that it didnt turn out well.
    Hope your feeling better and maybe next time smile.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Laid on the lounge room floor sweating in the heat..eating mangoes ...

gaaaaaaaaaa! just the thought of that turns my stomach... 15524733-L.gif