Options

My third wedding....

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited June 27, 2007 in Weddings
My SIL (sis-in-law - hubby's sister) got married in my town (4 hours from where she and her now hubby live). Her husband actually lived here in Crested Butte for about 13 years during the 70's and 80's so his family had a lot of memories here. So many of the photos in the gallery make more sense when taken in that way....

Anyway, it was a tough wedding from the standpoint that there were SO many people I wanted to chat/party with, but couldn't because I was working. (They hired me - yup, real money! LOL!) So when people say "never do a wedding for a relative or close friend", for me it's less about the people being too tough on you (my SIL is awesome so I don't worry about how she'll react), but more about wanting to spend time with people you care about and not being able to.... Just my 2¢ on that!

On to the photos!

My husband and his step-mother. (The entire family gets along so amazing.... I have several shots of mom and step-mom chatting away!)
166522453-M-1.jpg

My mother-in-law and my daugher after the rehearsal
166522443-M-1.jpg

The bride and her boots
166522668-M-1.jpg

Flower girls (my girls) and their auntie
166522812-M-1.jpg

Perfect petal tossing form! (Well, okay, I'm biased. BTW - the lighting was HARD. Bright sun so it was a little blown. :cry )
166522852-M-1.jpg

Waiting for the signal to come to the "altar" - or contemplating a new life.... (A wonderful one, that is!)
166522825-M-1.jpg

A little alone time.....
166523138-M-1.jpg

More can be found here.... http://tippiepics.smugmug.com/gallery/3057167#166522373

And, as always, comments are always appreciated! Here or in the gallery (that the B&G won't see).

Comments

• Options
    Ike615Ike615 Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    great photos and an amazing place to have a wedding. My favorites are the first and second and then the one of the groom contemplating (the background of fur trees is just gorgeous). The first one is great because you can feel the emotion coming through the photo. I love the second one just in the simplicity of grandmother? and grand daughter. You have an excellent eye.

- Isaac
    Isaac Lane Koval
    www.kovalproductions.com
    Canon 5D & 30D:
    24-70mm f2.8L, 70-200mm f2.8L IS, 70-200 f4L, 85mm f.1.2L II, 35mm f1.4L, 28-135mm f.3.5-5.6 IS, 580EX

• Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    Wow, those are great! What a unique wedding. Your girls are adorable!
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Wow, what a neat wedding!!! Everyone looks so relaxed and happy. I also visited your gallery. I love the shots taken of the family in the old gas station (those are priceless!), the groom in front of the trees (above) and the B&G (above). Such a beautiful setting and your view from your house is to die for! You did a great job, Andi, I would never guess this was only your 3rd wedding. Way to go girl! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2007
    Thank you so much, Isaac, Jan and Saurora! It was a hard wedding from an emotional standpoint, but easy from a location standpoint! I am SO excited to do my 4th in early September at the lake just behind 'Gronk' (you can see it in the gallery). It's going to be gorgeous!

Thanks again for all your kind words! They mean SO much to me!
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Ahhh! What a beautiful set of wedding pictures, in a beautiful setting!! Andi, you did a really fantastic job! wings.gif Congratulations...your results make you look like an old pro...OK a young pro! :D I'm sure they must be thrilled! I would be!clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif With all of the above! Beautiful shots
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    I visited your gallery. Those are just wonderful! In addition to the ones you pulled for posting, these are some of my favorites (if you want me to pull these down, just let me know, but I think they deserve to be seen as well!):

This is a traditional mirror image, but you've done something a little different than most - bassically three images of the bride rather than the "standard" two - and I really like the effect.
    166522568-M.jpg

I'm not quite sure why I like this one so much. Maybe it's my desire to return to a rural setting and the quiet approach such people have to life. Whatever, you were in the right place at the right time to capture a very unique photograph. Very well done!
    166522982-M.jpg

And this is simply a wonderful portrait. I might have wanted to fill the shadow just a bit, but WOW!!
    166523246-M.jpg
  • Options
    k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Amazing! I love the photos! You did an awesome job, I know the family is going to be THRILLED!!!!!clap.gif YOu are going to have to change your name to photog-goddess!!! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2007
    Ahhh! What a beautiful set of wedding pictures, in a beautiful setting!! Andi, you did a really fantastic job! wings.gif Congratulations...your results make you look like an old pro...OK a young pro! :D I'm sure they must be thrilled! I would be!clap.gif

"OLD" was right! Laughing.gif! Thank you so much, Elaine!
    15524779-Ti.gif With all of the above! Beautiful shots

Thanks so much, FRG!
    I visited your gallery. Those are just wonderful! In addition to the ones you pulled for posting, these are some of my favorites (if you want me to pull these down, just let me know, but I think they deserve to be seen as well!):

Scott, I'm very flattered that you chose to post a few more images! Thank you so much for choosing them...

Funny thing - in #2 that you posted, the sun was on my lens (bad me for not putting on my hood), but I was very pleased with the final effect. (Same thing happened in a few other shots, with varying results - most not so nice.) and in #3, that photo was taking by firelight at about midnight. I was surprised at how well my camera captured it with so little light!

Thanks again, Scott!

Karen.... I never will be be "photog-goddess"! LMAO! But thank you so much for the kind words - as usual! :D
  • Options
    klcklc Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    CUTE! I absolutely love the last one thumb.gif

Have a nice day
    -Katlin
    "Each picture captures a unplaceable momment." I am thinking about being a photographer when i'm older. I practice alot and hope this website will help me grow to become a better photographer and help me learn more!
    :lust Katlin
  • Options
    AsiadeepAsiadeep Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2007
    Beautiful wedding photos and looks extremely professional. I believe many people will pay good money for quality like this.
  • Options
    emmalouemmalou Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    The shot of the fellows on bikes is amazing! All of the photos are brilliant...what a wonderful job you accomplished!bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2007
    CUTE! I absolutely love the last one thumb.gif

Have a nice day
    -Katlin

Thanks so much!
    Beautiful wedding photos and looks extremely professional. I believe many people will pay good money for quality like this.
    Wow! Thanks for the huge compliment! :D
    The shot of the fellows on bikes is amazing! All of the photos are brilliant...what a wonderful job you accomplished!bowdown.gif

The bikes were fun, weren't they? It was a fun wedding to photograph! Thank you so much!