Options

Need your help, some photos

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited February 8, 2005 in Sports
I'm applying for Sportsshooter.com membership and I need you to help with these photo's and tell me what you think. I have to show 5 shots with captions.

14980489-L.jpg

14980538-L.jpg

14981066-L.jpg

14981220-L.jpg

14640135-L.jpg

14640374-L.jpg

14641222-L.jpg

The rest of my gallery's are located here if you want to look through and see one you really like. Sports Gallery

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 7, 2005
    What ISO were you shooting? I can detect noise, which is weird since you have a 20D. Are those cropped? Maybe that's why they look strange to me. You know your galleries better than me - maybe try to find a less "action" shot that has a good sharp focus too. I get the impression you were trying to capture too much action and sacrificed on the side of softness. ne_nau.gif

Shoulda put HOCKEY in the title of this thread. You'd have Winger over here in a heartbeat. lol3.gif
    She just made SS today.. been working at it for a while. Good luck!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    I belive all but nunber 6, and 7 were shot at ISO 800 the rest ISO 1600 on the 20D.

Those are cropped.
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    I'd pick the last four (4-7) and the first. I know how hard it is to shoot hockey tourneys, the lighting is usually mixed/and/or poor...

just my 2 sense

AJ
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    MuskyDude wrote:
    I'd pick the last four (4-7) and the first. I know how hard it is to shoot hockey tourneys, the lighting is usually mixed/and/or poor...

just my 2 sense

AJ
    Thanks now that I look at these I don't think any of them are worthy of what SS.com is looking for, but as everyone knows we are hardest on ourselves.
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Shoulda put HOCKEY in the title of this thread. You'd have Winger over here in a heartbeat. lol3.gif
    She just made SS today.. been working at it for a while. Good luck!
    Actually I am the one that sugjested the thread.....
    Just got back from the beanpot, I will look at the gallery in the morning....hehehe when i am not as excited and gitty ( I also made the front page of www.uscho.com good photo day for me (and its funny cause i thoguht i was shooting like crap today)
  • Options
    REECEPHOTOREECEPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    I like 1,2,4,6,and 7 my self........grat shots
    It's not the speed that'll kill ya
    It's the sudden stops!
    http://reecephoto.smugmug.com
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/JeffReece.jepg
    src="http//www.danasoft.com/sig/JeffReece.jpg">
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 8, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Actually I am the one that sugjested the thread.....
    Just got back from the beanpot, I will look at the gallery in the morning....hehehe when i am not as excited and gitty ( I also made the front page of www.uscho.com good photo day for me (and its funny cause i thoguht i was shooting like crap today)
    Well, as your PR man around here, I expect to be notified about things like this!

mornin' winger wave.gif:D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]