Options

It comes....

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited February 9, 2005 in Cameras
Ok, just got cleared to buy my 20D soon. I am going to get my taxes done and I have a trip to Maui coming up in about 2 weeks. After that I will be buying my 20D. Can't wait.

Now I need to buy the lenses...have to start with the 70-200 IS 2.8 for all the race photography I do, talk about starting off in a hole. :)

Can't wait to get it all together and start shooting!

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    Great! clap.gif

But don't you want to have the camera before your trip to maui? deal.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    More then you know I want the cam to film the whales. Be happy with the trip and the 828 for this year though.
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    BBones
    BBones wrote:
    Ok, just got cleared to buy my 20D soon. I am going to get my taxes done and I have a trip to Maui coming up in about 2 weeks. After that I will be buying my 20D. Can't wait.

Now I need to buy the lenses...have to start with the 70-200 IS 2.8 for all the race photography I do, talk about starting off in a hole. :)

Can't wait to get it all together and start shooting!
    Going through the same thing here.....there is lots to read here on lenses

I will be getting a 20d in a couple of weeks I hope

I am looking at the 24-70 f/2.8 first then 70-200 f/2.8 is

Then the 85 f/1.2L and then the.....Holy Cow I don't even have the camera and I'm already ate up with the lens thing. eek7.gif :uhoh eek7.gif :uhoh

Good luck
    Fred
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 8, 2005
    Congrats Brandon and Fred!!
    WooooooBoyyyy, you guys are in for some fun now clap.gifclap.gif

Don't sweat the Lens Fever, it only gets worse :lol Never wide enough, never fast enough, never long enough rolleyes1.gif The camera is fairly inexpensive, it's the lenses that will empty your wallet :uhoh

Anyhow, suffice it to say that it's all worth it in the end. You guys will be soooooooo happy with your new kits. I'm very excited for you :)

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2005
    Now I will need muscles. That lens/cam weighs alot, especially after a whole day of shooting motorcycles
  • Options
    OklahomaLightOklahomaLight Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 8, 2005
    Agreement from a F828 convert
    I can't agree more about being sooooooo happy with the Canon. I just traded up to the 20D from the Sony F828 last week. As much as I loved my Sony (and I was a TRUE believer) the Canon just gives you so much more. What a camera! While we're on lenses, don't forget about the Canon 50mm f1.8. It's cheap at about $75 online, but a terrific little low-light lens. Hard to find a sharper lens for even three times the money. I'm also looking at the Sigma 24-70 f2.8L. Anyone heard anything about it? If not that then I'm definitely on the Tamron counterpart.
    WooooooBoyyyy, you guys are in for some fun now clap.gifclap.gif

Don't sweat the Lens Fever, it only gets worse :lol Never wide enough, never fast enough, never long enough rolleyes1.gif The camera is fairly inexpensive, it's the lenses that will empty your wallet :uhoh

Anyhow, suffice it to say that it's all worth it in the end. You guys will be soooooooo happy with your new kits. I'm very excited for you :)

Steve
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    BBones wrote:
    Now I will need muscles. That lens/cam weighs alot, especially after a whole day of shooting motorcycles
    You'll get used to it. It's really not *that* heavy. Sure, it's heavier than a drebel and kit lens, but it's not the iron ball that so many of the reviews would have you believe.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson