Options

Tilt Shift

scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited July 3, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
After seeing some posts around dgrin it inspired me to rent a ts-e 90 for the weekend. The miniaturization effect cracks me up, this is definitely going on my wish list to save up for. Here are my first attempts at using it.
IMG_9726.jpg

IMG_9733.jpg
IMG_9743.jpg
IMG_9749.jpg
IMG_9775.jpg
IMG_9780.jpg
IMG_9788.jpg
IMG_9800.jpg
IMG_9813.jpg
IMG_9905.jpg
Other pics can be found here:
http://www.slm-tech.com/tiltshift/

Comments

• Options
    greenplasticdavegreenplasticdave Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Wow!

They really do look like miniatures, especially the last shot with all the cars parked. These are very interesting lenses.

Cheers

-Dave-

www.mirkwoodcottage.typepad.com/davidjamesphotography
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    f00sion wrote:
    After seeing some posts around dgrin it inspired me to rent a ts-e 90 for the weekend. The miniaturization effect cracks me up, this is definitely going on my wish list to save up for. Here are my first attempts at using it.

Other pics can be found here:
    http://www.slm-tech.com/tiltshift/

Those tilt shifts are pretty cool with what you can choose to have in focus in a shot :D is there a lot of mucking around with them to get it right?
    Great post f00sion thumb.gif .. Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    f00sion wrote:
    I know it's not the same, however, there is a cheaper alternative for the miniturisation effect...

Cool shots thumb.gif
  • Options
    scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Those tilt shifts are pretty cool with what you can choose to have in focus in a shot :D is there a lot of mucking around with them to get it right?
    Great post f00sion thumb.gif .. Skippy
    It's not too difficult. I'm probably not using it totally correctly though, just kinda crank it different directions until I come up with something that looks interesting. The parts that are in focus are so amazingly sharp, it's unreal.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Intresting photos thanks for sharing.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    f00sion, always great to see more teeny cars and buildings! That last one really is sharp as a tack.

I agree, a very fun piece of gear to save up for.