Options

BPCooper at work: Space Shuttle Returns

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited July 4, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
I always check out SpaceflightNow, and today I was treated to some shots by Dgrinner Ben Cooper (BPCooper). :thumb

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I always check out SpaceflightNow, and today I was treated to some shots by Dgrinner Ben Cooper (BPCooper). thumb.gif

I looked at those shots and I says to myself....how is it possible eek7.gif
    How can that plane take all that weight on top of it headscratch.gif
    Amazing, just amazing .... Way to go Ben clap.gif :ivar ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Wow thanks for sharing never saw thing like that before
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    BPCooperBPCooper Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Well that's funny, I logged on today thinking "I wonder if anyone (Harry?) shot it as it made its public display over the beach before landing...or from the refuge. And look what I get :-)

Well thank you! rolleyes1.gif

I know I don't post as often here as I used to but I still read the site and check out the great photos!
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    BPCooper wrote:
    Well that's funny, I logged on today thinking "I wonder if anyone (Harry?) shot it as it made its public display over the beach before landing...or from the refuge. And look what I get :-)

I know I don't post as often here as I used to but I still read the site and check out the great photos!
    ...and we still look out for your work! Always cool to see your images, Ben. Are you officially with SpaceflightNow, or is this a part-time thing?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2007
    BPCooper wrote:

Super stuff, congrats on some fine, fine work.
  • Options
    BPCooperBPCooper Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    ...and we still look out for your work! Always cool to see your images, Ben. Are you officially with SpaceflightNow, or is this a part-time thing?

They are one of the main ones. I also shoot for Aviation Week. Depends on the event. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    How can that plane take all that weight on top of it headscratch.gif
    Amazing, just amazing

It looks like it shouldn't work, but they've had a lot of practice...30 years' worth. Before they put the first shuttle in space, they glide-tested a prototype shuttle ("Enterprise," which never went to space) off a 747. They are specially modified 747s, of course.

It's still a strange concept, that never gets old. That's why I still look at photos of it. These are great!