Options

Still looking for my starter pro camera...

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited February 9, 2005 in Cameras
But I got my first chance to take a few pictures with a Canon Eos 10D. Compared to the level of control I am use to with my prosumer camera, I could tell its a pretty sweet setup. At first I was afraid going pro would be a lot to learn...and it probably will be...but as far as the camera is concerned..feeling the focus, metering and control of this camera felt like I just got new armor, customer tailored to my fighting style.

I still want to try out a Nikon, but they didn't have a D70 in stock. And truthfully, if I go Canon, I think I still might want to splurge for the 1dMkII.

I don't know if the 10D is the heaviest camera, but it feels perfect in my hands weightwise. I am use to shooting with a Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with 2 DPS-9000's on it, and a handle, and either a ring flash or external flash. And filters. The 10D only had one out of two batteries in it, but even with the extra battery, I think the weight of this camera is perfect for me.

MainFragger

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    I think I still might want to splurge for the 1dMkII.
    Yah! I'm going to do that too! Do 4-9-13-24-32-35-41 sound ok for the lotto?

thumb.gif Hey, best of luck with whatever you do choose!! And most important, come right back here and tell us about it!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts