Options

Website Check please...

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited July 4, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Ok I'm in the process of redoing my website. Here is what is up so far, still have alot to finish on it and there are something things I can see need to be changed. Was just wondering what everyone else thought of it so far?

www.zxstudios.com/test
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Okay this is just my OPINION, but it seems like the border on the home page (the part w/ the diagonal line pattern) is larger than it needs to be. You could make the main part of your homepage larger, and showcase larger photos. Good start, though! thumb.gif
  • Options
    LittleLisaLittleLisa Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    When I roll over the "click here to view our galleries" the words all turn black, same as the background. You could maybe change that to gray so it doesn't disappear when you roll over it. Also in the links at the top the box changes to gray when you roll over them and then the words change from white to black when you get over the word. You could probably make it so that either just the box changes or just the word changes when you roll over it. Just my $.02. Looks good.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    I really liked the look of your home page. I agree with what everyone else said above.

One thing though- your border on the top has a photo of a bride and groom.
    Their skin tones are really really oversaturated and orange. It might be my monitor, but I doubt my monitor is that bad- the skin tones are nuclear.
    (everything else looks great!)
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    LittleLisa wrote:
    When I roll over the "click here to view our galleries" the words all turn black, same as the background. You could maybe change that to gray so it doesn't disappear when you roll over it. Also in the links at the top the box changes to gray when you roll over them and then the words change from white to black when you get over the word. You could probably make it so that either just the box changes or just the word changes when you roll over it. Just my $.02. Looks good.

Same with the email link.
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Looks really good. Very seamless to all the directories except when pressing galleries goes to your SM page and the change from black to white (and much different arrangement) is kind of jarring.

Also, the galleries in your SM can be redundant with your home page pages. Does that make sense?

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Zanotti wrote:
    Looks really good. Very seamless to all the directories except when pressing galleries goes to your SM page and the change from black to white (and much different arrangement) is kind of jarring.

Also, the galleries in your SM can be redundant with your home page pages. Does that make sense?

Z

There are no galleries on the home page so not sure what you are talking about there? The smugmug page is going to get changed to fit the new website once the new website is more finalized and ready to be posted. So that abrasive change will go away.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2007
    OK, cool.

These repeat in your gallery (SM) pages:
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Home[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]About[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weddings[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Portraits[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gallery[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pricing[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contact[/FONT]

Is that the intent, or will you arrange it so they are the same?

Hope that helps
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.